WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Northern VA hike

Like to hike the last 45 miles into Harpers Ferry next week, Monday (1/4) to Wednesday (1/6). Anyone out there would like to join me?

Would be leaving my car in HF and shuttling back to I-66 trailhead. Open to a slackpack trip, if details can be worked out.

Thanks!

If this was last Monday I might have taken you up on it.
    If you don't mind me asking do you plan on arriving into town Sunday night and then shuttle early mon morning?
    15 mile days shouldn't be too difficult in that section with 10 hr days might be some night hiking. You'll have the " roller coaster " of course in that section, a series of 11 ups and downs in 13 miles but they're relatively short 15-20 climbs . The bears den hostel is real nice right on trail. And the Blackburn trail center which is just down the hill 1/4 at most. If you don't stay at the Blackburn the next shelter about another 3 miles is the David Lessoner shelter pretty nice has a Pavillion with a big wooden bench swing ,campsites fire pits , but the water is ways down.
    But you can camp anywhere you want in this section there's some ok dispersed camping, I like the camp spot up top ravens rocks.

Anyway good luck with everything !!
    Last edited by JNI64; 12-30-2020 at 01:03.

Thanks for getting back.
    Yep, do plan to drive up on Sunday, so I can get a full day of walking on Monday.
    Thinking of staying at a hostel in HF, and they would be able to shuttle me to the starting point.

++ New Posts ++