Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

'My other question would be how do you keep track of the small items, like pocket knife, lighter, toothbrush, currently I keep that stuff in the brain of the pack I use. I guess I will have to see how it all fits in.'

Recently, I bought a special portable toothbrush case with sunitizing effect. so, now it takes more space.

I have been wearing the pack on day hikes and figuring out what I like and don't like. So I have removed the Lumbar pad, did not like the way it fit. Now I ordered the water bottle pouch and I will be removing the Aqua clip. The pack is comfortable.

Leonidas

Quote Originally Posted by Staystrong View Post
    'My other question would be how do you keep track of the small items, like pocket knife, lighter, toothbrush, currently I keep that stuff in the brain of the pack I use. I guess I will have to see how it all fits in.'

Recently, I bought a special portable toothbrush case with sunitizing effect. so, now it takes more space.
    Personally, I don't carry a knife anymore, lighter is in my cook pot and an extra in my F.A.K. Toothbrush is in my F.A.K. as that is also where I store floss and such.
    I use the hipbelt pouches on mine as I like having my keys, tissue and chapstick in one side and my headlamp and pepper spray in the other.
    AT: 471 mi
    Benton MacKaye Trail '20
    Pinhoti Trail '18-19'

@leonidasonthetrail https://www.youtube.com/c/LeonidasontheTrail

I used to live and die by my pack brain. I definitely probably overloaded it (weight-wise) from time to time. Now that I have my Ohm 2.0, I do not miss it in the slightest.
    By the time I took off my pack, unzipped the brain and found what I was looking for, I could have taken off my pack, opened the top of the pack, and found what I was looking for. Not having a brain allows me to arrange weight in my pack better at really no cost. As others have said, I find my hipbelt pockets to be much more useful for small items (phone, map, etc.)
    2005 SOBO Attempt (500 miles)
    2024 (?) SOBO Planning

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
++ New Posts ++