WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Tipi Walter View Post
    I call her Miss Nature. My latest thought is---"Ya gotta dance with the Woman who brung ya." Or something like that.
    I like that!!

After all everything else is a man made matrix!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slo-go'en View Post
    We got 3+ inches of rain and it warmed up to nearly 60 overnight. All the snow has melted, like 2 feet of it. The streams are overflowing. Impressive. Winds were extreme too, lots of trees and branches down. What a mess.
    Seems like the heaviest part of this rain storm followed the same path as the heavy part of the snow from last week, which of course led to all sorts of issues with flooding, and even an avalanche at a ski area in the Catskills - the ski trails aren't supposed to go THROUGH the lodge .

Quote Originally Posted by Tipi Walter View Post
    You can solve the frost problem---as you well know---by setting up a tent and just leaving it up in the yard for the winter season. Problem is, UV damage will destroy the tent in a couple months.
    Would shading it help? Like having one of those cheap blue tarps hung above the tent itself (let that tarp take the UV, since it's far cheaper than most tents).

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGr View Post
    Would shading it help? Like having one of those cheap blue tarps hung above the tent itself (let that tarp take the UV, since it's far cheaper than most tents).
    Good idea. Tarps whether poly or canvas work great in many outdoor applications. I used a large canvas tarp for my Iron Mt tent on Chickasaw Creek---

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++