WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Newington Man In Remission For Brain Cancer Plans Appalachian Trail Hike - Hartford C

Story from April 2015? I would think there are more recent newsworthy stories out there that can be featured instead of the "Best Of" series.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Story from April 2015? I would think there are more recent newsworthy stories out there that can be featured instead of the "Best Of" series.
    I was going to say, I met a guy in remission from brain cancer hiking the AT in 2016... and it was this guy. He attempted his thru in 2015, but got a serious injury after falling and breaking something fairly important (shoulder blade?) early in that hike. We started the same day on 2016, and he flew off down the trail, I figured I wouldn't see him again. Caught up to him at Neel Gap a few days later, he'd blistered the hell out of his feet, and had to take some zeros. Saw him one more time a few weeks later, where he kindly directed me to a better water source. A very positive guy.

Just clicked on his journal, looked like he made to Massachusetts by June, where I only made it to Virginia.

++ New Posts ++