WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: 2021 SOBO Lash

Default 2021 SOBO Lash

My buddy and I are thinking about going SOBO around the middle of June 2021. I want to hike back to CT/NY border to complete my 15 years of sectioning the AT. My buddy's schedule is very flexible but he will probably only do a couple of weeks. Where would be the vert best place in Maine for him to exit and get a flight back to PA?

There isn't any. Any where you end up in 2 weeks (likely Caratunk if you make good time) is a very long and expensive shuttle to Portland. Assuming you can find anyone willing to do the shuttle. Monson is probably a better bet to getting back out of the woods. Monson isn't too far from Bangor where he can probably find a bus. If he could make it to Gorham, NH then it's a lot easier as there is bus service to Boston from there. But it takes about a month to finish Maine.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    my buddy and i are thinking about going sobo around the middle of june 2021. I want to hike back to ct/ny border to complete my 15 years of sectioning the at. My buddy's schedule is very flexible but he will probably only do a couple of weeks. Where would be the vert best place in maine for him to exit and get a flight back to pa?
    meaning of lash?

Welcome Sawnie. Long Ass Section Hike

I live less than 2 miles from the trail's NY/CT border.
    If you need a ride somewhere when you get there, I might be able to help you out.
    I did a lot of trail magic and shuttles in 2020 and hope to be doing the same in 2021.

(I've just started my sectioning of the trail with a 5-week 352-mile section this past Sep/Oct; tentatively planning my next 5-wk section for Mar/Apr 2021!)

++ New Posts ++