WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Comparing Sections of BMT

Last month I hiked a section of the BMT, starting at Childers Creek, TN and finishing at Brookshire Creek, TN. I'm planning a 4-5 day hike in the spring starting at Springer Mt. For those who have done both of these sections, how do they compare in difficulty? Is the TN section I did harder, easier or about the same as say 40-50 miles north from Springer?

Next, I'd like opinions on trail guides. For those who have used both Sgt. Rock's guide and the Benton MacKaye Trail Guides (one for 3 different sections), which did you prefer and why?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Honestly, I found the BMT to be about the same from end to end. There were a few climbs here and there that got my attention, but pick any 50 mile section and I'd say they're about the same. It's certainly an easy first day from Springer, though. As far as the guide goes, I only used Sgt. Rock's so I can't compare, but I can't imagine the official guide could be any better than that.
    -tagg

Leonidas

Georgia was the hardest section to me, granted, there were 1000's of blowdowns from Zeta and there was very little scenery. I used Sgt. Rock for town info and Guthook for on trail navigation.
    AT: 695.7 mi
    Benton MacKaye Trail '20
    Pinhoti Trail '18-19'
    @leonidasonthetrail https://www.youtube.com/c/LeonidasontheTrail

++ New Posts ++