WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Weird even for 2020

A group of people, including a man from Idaho falls, was recently busted in Yellowstone National Park while they were cooking a chicken in one of the geothermal hot springs.
    Happened in early August, according to the Nate Eaton Idaho News, Park authorities received reports of a group carrying cooking gear towards a hot springs.
    Rangers arrived and found the group had two chickens cooking in the hot spring.
    The Idaho man was issued a citation for walking in a thermal area, which he pleaded quilty. And was given a $600 fine ,probation and is banned from Yellowstone for two years.

Journal Entries

That's strange. Kinda resourceful thinking however. No stove required if you're camping in a geothermally active area?

Journal Entries
    Images

Default Weird even for 2020

Quote Originally Posted by JNI64 View Post
    A group of people, including a man from Idaho falls, was recently busted in Yellowstone National Park while they were cooking a chicken in one of the geothermal hot springs.
    Happened in early August, according to the Nate Eaton Idaho News, Park authorities received reports of a group carrying cooking gear towards a hot springs.
    Rangers arrived and found the group had two chickens cooking in the hot spring.
    The Idaho man was issued a citation for walking in a thermal area, which he pleaded quilty. And was given a $600 fine ,probation and is banned from Yellowstone for two years.
    When I read stuff like this I like to use my favorite Forest Gump quote; " Stupid is as stupid does."
    Grampie-N->2001

$600.00 for chicken soup

While I was out there, some tourist opened their car door and their little poodle ran out and jumped into a hot spring. Hot dog for lunch.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Sounds AT like.

I think somebody once said that the infinity of the universe is matched only by the infinite stupidity of the human race. Can't remember who said it.

a spring chicken trying to put a chicken in the spring.

Oh man, oh man, this gives me a great idea!

The ATC could install geothermal heating and cooking device at every shelter! Hot chow, no stoves required.

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HankIV View Post
    Oh man, oh man, this gives me a great idea!

The ATC could install geothermal heating and cooking device at every shelter! Hot chow, no stoves required.
    Remember it's a non establishment policy or well have solar lights & showers at every shelter, plus fees for staying there.

++ New Posts ++