WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Great informative websites! I loved my last Yellowstone trip and now going to plan a new one.

I did a group hike from Old Faithful to the ranger station in the SW corner of the park along the Bechler River trail a few years ago. We were out for 5 nights but could have done it in 3, probably. Our trips are not about logging miles/day....much time fishing (great fishing!), camaraderie, eating, and a nip or two after dinner. We have done 5 night hikes in some of the most spectacular places each year for 25+ years. Great times!
    I have always said this about our trips. "Yes, it is expensive. Yes, If I stayed home and worked for another week, we would have more money. But, I will remember this trip a lot longer than I will remember another week at work" ***disclaimer*** I am not advocating dereliction of responsibilities in order to do your hikes! All bills are paid, no debt, retirement secure, and money in the bank for any emergencies while I'm gone. HYOH

Images

A few years ago I did a day hike back to Grebe Lake. I have to say the backcountry campsites in that area were gorgeous. There are several established campsites out that way. I just went to fish for the day. I spotted several backpackers across the way heading for who knows where. The spot where I fished looks like site 4G2 on the map. I recall while fishing that it was probably an awesome experience to wake up on that little piece of heaven.

Backcountry Grebe Lake site 4G2, WY | The Dyrt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++