WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Looking for 1-2p tent

I知 a hammock guy. My son borrowed a tent and liked the tent better than the hammock. The borrowed tent was the MSR Elixir 2p. It was nice, but we hike in milder climates that do not necessitate the extra weight I think comes with the elixir.

So, now I知 looking for a 1-2 man tent hopefully less than 4lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GSMNP 900 Miler
    Journal Entries
    Images

I realize this is in the "Used Gear" section, but I don't have any used tents for sale.
    But I will mention that I have loved my Big Agnes Copper Spur UL2 as a very roomy 1P tent. Even with the ground cloth (for extra protection) I think mine weights less than 3-1/2lbs. BUT those things are very expensive.

Something I saw at my local outfitter this past weekend that looked very interesting was the Kelty All Inn 2. It's a little heavier (but still under 4lbs) and cheaper (but at around $300, it ain't dirt cheap). But if I were in the market for a 1-man tent, this is one I would look at VERY seriously. The cost isn't crazy, Kelty is generally known for good quality, and it interestingly has both a side door similar to the Copper Spur, AND a door at the head similar to the Big Agnes Fly Creek.

If you need to save money on a tent... well Black Friday/Cyber Monday isn't too far away, but the best deals I've gotten on tents are during the "last year's models" clearance season between Christmas and Easter.

Hooko
    Thanks for the information. I値l look into this Kelty

I have a Tarptent Notch I am interested in selling. I bought it used 5 years ago. I take at most one trip per year so I've only used a few times. It is a trekking pole supported non freestanding 1p tent.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Man Out View Post
    I have a Tarptent Notch I am interested in selling. I bought it used 5 years ago. I take at most one trip per year so I've only used a few times. It is a trekking pole supported non freestanding 1p tent.
    Old Man Out
    I have the Paria sleep pad. It痴 23 in. Wide. The measurements I saw online state the notch is only 20 in. Wide. Do you know if this is the same for the model 5+ yrs ago?

The notch floor is shaped like an elongated hexagon. It is 20 inches wide at the ends but widens to 34 to inches in the middle. There is a diagram on their web page if you scroll through the images. I use a Klymit Static V pad which has similar dimensions.

I have a zpacks altaplex for sale.. perfect condition

Check out the Dan Durston 1 and 2 person tents on DROP.... can't beat the deal.... I have the 2P and absolutely love it! If your interested I have a 2P Emogene (MyTrailCo .. old Golite)... you can have it for 75 plus shipping...

I have a one person REI Quarterdome in perfect shape. I've used it 3-4 nights. It is just over two pounds.... need to put it on the scale again because my number in GearGrams is not right. I'd sell it for $150 shipped.

I have a used Big Agnes Copper Spur UL2 and a UL1 for sale. The UL1 is like new and has only been used 5 nights. The UL2 has been used 10 nights. If you are interested, feel free to DM me. Thanks!

I have a LightHeart Gear Solo /awning. Great shape and amazing build quality

I have a North Face, storm break, 1 person, 3lbs and packs up small. Used about 7 nights. 100 plus shipping

++ New Posts ++