WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default All Katahdin Trails closed as of October 17th. Earliest hard close in decades.

Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

We're getting our first serious snow in the Whites right now.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Just saw the weather radar, snow all over the higher elevations from the Whites into Katahdin. Good call on the trails, I wonder how many got caught in this event and are hunkered down without traction gear through the Whites, Mahoosucs, and into BSP.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Just saw the weather radar, snow all over the higher elevations from the Whites into Katahdin. Good call on the trails, I wonder how many got caught in this event and are hunkered down without traction gear through the Whites, Mahoosucs, and into BSP.
    I meet a couple of SOBO's at the Imp shelter Wednesday. They said they were planning on skipping the rest of the Whites. Hope they left for Vermont yesterday, seeing that the rain started early Friday morning and switched to snow overnight. There was one other guy at Imp tenting, didn't get his story, but think he was NOBO. Hope he looked at the forecast and stayed in town. The forecast hopefully kept the normal day hiker crowds home, or turned back as they were sliding off the roads coming up here.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Snowing, and sticking, at the Birches today, 10/17.
    Teej

"[ATers] represent three percent of our use and about twenty percent of our effort," retired Baxter Park Director Jensen Bissell.

++ New Posts ++