WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

LT '79; AT '73-'14 in sections; Donating Member Kerosene's Avatar
    Images

Default zPacks ArcBlast for Sale ($200, never used)

I purchased a medium-sized (frame & belt) 52L ArcBlast from zPacks back in 2016, intending to use it for my thru-hike of the JMT. I ended up not using the pack due to the size of the Expedition Bearikade bear canister I brought, but then I blew out a knee 24 miles into the hike and haven't backpacked since then (I did get one new knee back in February and hope to get the other done this fall, so maybe I can get back out for short hikes someday). The pack is bright orange, as I love to hike in the Fall but never seemed to be able to wear decent orange clothing during hunting seasons.

I am an original, well-known member of WhiteBlaze, and completed the AT in October 2014 after 20+ section hikes over 41 years. I've used a Granite Gear Nimbus Ozone since 2003 for over 1000 miles, which is still my go-to pack. I've finally decided to part with my ArcBlast for two reasons: (a) I'm not sure if I will ever have an opportunity to use it again, and (b) my typical shoulder-season gear list would fit, but it would be very tight with a bear canister.

I ordered the pack with a shoulder strap pocket and double, waterproof zippered hip belt pockets, bringing the weight to 20.5 oz. A description of the currently available ArcBlast can be found here, and retails for $325 as a 55L pack. A recent review was just published in TrailGroove, which was my trigger to dig it out and offer it for sale.

I'm offering the pack for a firm $200 plus shipping. Again, never used, but loaded with gear once in 2016 before I decided to go back to my Nimbus Ozone. I haven't been active on WhiteBlaze for a while but will check back every few days, so PM me with questions or interest and I will respond in the order received. Venmo preferred.

Large rear mesh pocket (left); Extension collar extended (center); Frame, S-straps, shoulder pocket, hipbelt pockets (right):

ArcBlast1.JPEG ArcBlast2.JPEG ArcBlast3.JPEG
    GA←↕→ME: 1973 to 2014

Default Interested

Hey I would love to take the arc blast off your hands. I used one last summer on the CDT and it was pretty beaten when I got a hold of it and now it’s getting on its last legs. What size is the frame and hipbelt? As long as the frame is a medium I will take it for sure!

I don’t check white blaze often either so if you could email me at [email protected] I would be sure to respond fast

In retrospect I somehow missed that the top part said medium. I will 100 purchase this whenever you see my message

Quote Originally Posted by Chris LeBlanc View Post
    In retrospect I somehow missed that the top part said medium. I will 100 purchase this whenever you see my message
    If you send a PM directly to the OP he'll get an email notification...might be quicker than waiting

Images

Thanks Dune. Looks like Chris LeBlanc gets the pack! I will contact by email and delete this post once we've completed the transaction.

Leonidas

Grats on the sale! I always wanted the orange DCF version but by the time I was in the market, they no longer offered it.
    AT: 695.7 mi
    Benton MacKaye Trail '20
    Pinhoti Trail '18-19'
    @leonidasonthetrail https://www.youtube.com/c/LeonidasontheTrail

Default zPacks ArcBlast for Sale ($200, never used)

if the pack doesn't sell.. I'll take it If available..jeff

Images

Pack sold and shipped.

++ New Posts ++