Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 31 of 31
  1. #21

    Default

    Another one to consider is Mountain Laurel Designs. I only have their smallest pack (the Core), but as I recall their larger offerings are available in very durable ripstop fabrics. I replaced my ZPacks Zero with the Core and was very impressed with the build quality by comparison.

  2. #22

    Default

    I ended up getting the redesigned Gorilla in yellow!

    Itís awesome. I love the huge mesh pocket.

    It has made me rethink the way I pack.

  3. #23

    Default

    YELLOW? GG??

    That's crazy talk right there!
    UL, because nobody ever asks "How can I make my pack heavier?"

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cmoulder View Post
    YELLOW? GG??

    That's crazy talk right there!
    Yep! But if I had to be Nitpicky its a really subdued yellow. Itís not quite as loud as I like.

    Lol

  5. #25

    Default

    I've worn a ULA Catalyst, Circuit, and Ohm 2.0. I recently used an Arc Haul on my Colorado Trail Hike. It did not fit me well at all, but that may just be my frame. Many hikers swear by them. My go-to pack is my ULA Ohm 2.0. I try new packs and end up going back to ULA almost every time. ULA packs are durable and the most comfortable packs I have worn.

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CalebJ View Post
    Another one to consider is Mountain Laurel Designs. I only have their smallest pack (the Core), but as I recall their larger offerings are available in very durable ripstop fabrics. I replaced my ZPacks Zero with the Core and was very impressed with the build quality by comparison.
    Glad to see Mountain Laurel Desgns was finally mentioned.
    I have the "Burn" and love it. Maybe it's considered too small for some but it works for me.
    I've done the Via Dinarica, Kunglseden Trail and 4 of the Great Walks in NZ with this pack and it's just the right size for me and my gear. My only complaint is that it's not waterproof. So I carry a raincover but that can be a pain.
    Don't let your fears stand in the way of your dreams

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OhioHiker View Post
    I ended up getting the redesigned Gorilla in yellow!

    Itís awesome. I love the huge mesh pocket.

    It has made me rethink the way I pack.
    The mesh pocket on GG packs are superior to any other Iíve used. It just keeps stretching and taking more gear.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-17-2009
    Location
    Hadley Pa.
    Age
    64
    Posts
    404

    Default

    As far as bear canisters go... if required then I strap mine empty on the top of whatever pack I carry. The GG crown is my pack choice these days.

  9. #29
    Some days, it's not worth chewing through the restraints.
    Join Date
    12-13-2004
    Location
    Essex, Vermont
    Age
    65
    Posts
    2,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Two Tents View Post
    As far as bear canisters go... if required then I strap mine empty on the top of whatever pack I carry. The GG crown is my pack choice these days.
    ...that's such an obvious solution, it's brilliant. I assume that you pack your food in it when retiring for the night, but have a relatively light can bobbing about during the day.

  10. #30
    Registered User Pak-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-28-2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    39
    Posts
    87
    Images
    73

    Default

    I purchased my Gorilla years ago, when I was beginning to pair down my gear. I though it was a good choice to carry some of the heavier loads while i worked on reducing weight.

    I got my entire kit down to a happy level and I never was really upset with my GG.. BUT... I recently purchased a ULA Circuit because of hip issues, wanting more transfer and a more secure pack.

    Have taken it out on about 100 miles so far and have ZERO and i mean ZERO complaints.. I thought I loved my GG. but alas, I was mistaken.
    "All that is important is this one moment in movement. Make the moment vital and worth living." Martha Graham

  11. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-17-2009
    Location
    Hadley Pa.
    Age
    64
    Posts
    404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadeye View Post
    ...that's such an obvious solution, it's brilliant. I assume that you pack your food in it when retiring for the night, but have a relatively light can bobbing about during the day.
    The plus is a bear canister makes a good seat if ya gotta carry one. Yea it stays empty till bedtime. I sometimes put my puffy jacket in it when it rides on top. Or bread or chips or cookies coming out of a town resupply.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •