WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TwoSpirits View Post
    I have seen some of those Epic bars in the local stores...I'll probably give one a try. I'm trying to put a little more variety into my mid-day break -- it's been mostly jerky & pepperoni (along with some type of cheese and dehydrated fruit.) I can't bring myself to eat tuna. Spam can be good, though.
    The Epic bars are really awesome, it's like having real food in a snack form, and super tasty.

Precooked bacon has 151 calories per ounce, or 2,416 calories per pound.

Quote Originally Posted by JNI64 View Post
    According to Google" yams look kind of like tree bark, while sweet potatoes are more reddish-brown. Real yams are entirely different root vegetable more like yucca in texture. Some sweet potatoes are orange, white and purple."

Thanks,all we have here locally are sweet potatoes.I have seen them in instant form alongside the packaged Irish potatoes but now with the pandemic fever in full force our local grocery looks like a plucked chicken with huge gaps in the shelves and I could not even find Knorr's rice and pasta last week.

Quote Originally Posted by JNI64 View Post
    According to Google" yams look kind of like tree bark, while sweet potatoes are more reddish-brown. Real yams are entirely different root vegetable more like yucca in texture. Some sweet potatoes are orange, white and purple."
    Sweet potatoes are often called yams in the US. Since true yams are difficult to find in the US, I suspect jimqpublic was referring to dried sweet potatoes. The Garnet Yams referred to in post 56 are actually sweet potatoes.

https://www.marksdailyapple.com/diff...weet-potatoes/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
++ New Posts ++