WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Discuss before placing order for Marmot SuperAlloy 2...

Ive been looking to cut pack weight. Big 3 is the easiest. I currently use a LLBean Microlight FS2. with ground sheet it is about 4.5lbs.

I have been looking at all the usually suspects... looks like I can get the Marmot for around $250 with first responder discount.

Is there something else I should consider?

Looks like about $400 is MSRP, so 250 is a heck of a deal.

But, it's still nearly 3 pounds and pretty large. If you plan to use it on the AT, a tent with a large footprint is a liability in finding a good place to put it.

If you don't really need a 2P tent, a 1P tent will save more weight and take up less space in your pack, which leads to other benefits.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Someone on reddit informed about about packed size. I’ve honestly never looked at that spec. I’ve always looked at weight only. Rookie mistake.

I am kind of hoping BA is doing a First Responder coupon. I might go for the Tiger Wall Platinum. It is 2.4 LBs and 18”x5.5 packed.

Quote Originally Posted by OhioHiker View Post
    Someone on reddit informed about about packed size. I’ve honestly never looked at that spec. I’ve always looked at weight only. Rookie mistake.

I am kind of hoping BA is doing a First Responder coupon. I might go for the Tiger Wall Platinum. It is 2.4 LBs and 18”x5.5 packed.
    If you do go with the ba please come back with a review. I'm looking at purchasing this exact model.

++ New Posts ++