Default Hiking NH in July

Found a hiking partner! Thanks.
    Last edited by Tagalongakakp; 06-06-2020 at 18:39.

Journal Entries

Karen:
    I read your post. I'm planning my final section and completion of AT from Glencliff, NH to Katahdin starting July 30. I'm 70 and my pace is set according to my itinerary which factors in the degree of difficulty for each of the major ascents, resupply and lodging sources. Of course, we are bound by Covid 19 restrictions and whether the trail will open by the end of July is anyone's guess.
    Have you heard how it looks for shelters, hostels, etc. opening by July? Any insight would be helpful.

Regards,
    Mike Koltonuk ("Bigfoot")

Hi Mike,
    I'll be at Glencliff on my hiking day 16. I am just now checking on shuttles and hostels in New Hampshire, but so far, shuttles seem to be available. I have some information--Services by the Appalachian Mountain Club in the Whites will be limited. The huts will be open only for water and a place to take a break but not for tenting. To hike Mt. Washington, I plan to take the Cog up from Crawford Notch (the Cog will be running) and hike south back to Crawford Notch. Move my car to the other side of the mountain and take the Auto Road Shuttle (I need to check but hear it will be open and by reservation only) back up to Mt. Washington and hike north to Pinkham Notch. Regarding hostels, I know for sure Rattle River will be open. The ATC recently published guidelines for getting on the trail. I'm sure you could find it on the website.

Maine is spectacular! You'll love it. Hope this helps. Best wishes.
    --Karen

++ New Posts ++