WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Guthooks on iOS.

I know there is a procedure for when Guthooks forgets you purchased maps on an Android device but how do you get them back on an iPhone?

Mine just lost my PCT and AT maps (though the section I had open still opens for me).

Very annoyed.

I’ve gone to Guthooks and used the Restore Purchases tool. It reports restored but the 7BF0FE9A-1CBA-4AFE-A0C0-9C68A4974C27.jpgpurchases are missing. 7BF0FE9A-1CBA-4AFE-A0C0-9C68A4974C27.jpg

Heard from them. Easy enough to screen shot my Apple purchases and send them over with my email.

For the cynical, this seems a convenient problem for the application retailer to boost revenue in an Econ down year from those without proof of purchase and/or the tenacity to see the issue through. Especially for those in mid-trek who need the app right now.

For the pragmatic, paper trail information and maps work without batteries or power, nor require access permissions from a remote vendor to use when the application forgets who you are.

For the in-between, the AT is fairly well blazed and people on the trail will usually have enough information to find town services and are happy to share it. Lots of people embrace serendipity and tackle an AT thru without any electronic or paper information. Some would say that was the intent of the trail experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    For the in-between, the AT is fairly well blazed and people on the trail will usually have enough information to find town services and are happy to share it. Lots of people embrace serendipity and tackle an AT thru without any electronic or paper information. Some would say that was the intent of the trail experience.
    I don't know that a lot of people tackle the AT without information. Maybe a few but a lot?

Back in the day I hiked the AT with just the data book and not knowing what I'd find or where to find it when I got to a town. Or how far I still had to go to get to the next shelter/waterhole/etc. It was definitely an adventure.

Fast forward a lifetime and it's sure nice to have everything you need to know in the palm of your hand.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

For the cynical, this seems a convenient problem for the application retailer to boost revenue in an Econ down year from those without proof of purchase and/or the tenacity to see the issue through. Especially for those in mid-trek who need the app right now.

For the pragmatic, paper trail information and maps work without batteries or power, nor require access permissions from a remote vendor to use when the application forgets who you are.

that a very very low accusation on a very very nice guy...

just fyi when i changed from ios to android i found out guthooks does not know what you purchased that is all handled through the respective ios or play stores. i simply had to provide the ios store email receipts(you can also get these from your ios account) and they gave me keys for the play store.

Its all in their faq's. so for instance if somebody has lost their subscription to a trail they should be able to reload it from the apple sotre or the play store depending on what version.

https://atlasguides.com/help/#faq-3

right on the faq page there is a chat feature say for instance you are having issues with e-mail

[email protected] - is the support email address...

Quote Originally Posted by Ethesis View Post
    Heard from them. Easy enough to screen shot my Apple purchases and send them over with my email.
    Did you get a reply from them? I’ve sent several emails with no reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by D2maine View Post
    that a very very low accusation on a very very nice guy...
    Note the term "application retailer", which would be the purchasing platform, not necessarily the maker. I make no accusation, only quipped a spectrum of how people look at this kind of thing. Each generates their own perspective.

Note the term "application retailer", which would be the purchasing platform, not necessarily the maker. I make no accusation, only quipped a spectrum of how people look at this kind of thing. Each generates their own perspective.
    stop trying to put lipstick on your post - its still a pig

[QUOTE=saltysack;2269942]Did you get a reply from them? I’ve sent several emails with no reply.[/q]

Everything worked out though I had to delete and reinstall the app. That solved it. I’ve always had the app on iPhone so that worked out well.

Got support through Facebook and they were delightful.

Glitches happen. But it eventually worked out.

and the map I was in stayed available even if I couldn’t switch. So if I’d been on trail I’d have been ok.

I’ll note that my wife and I both bought our own copies (even though it allows for sharing between family members) so that wasn’t the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by D2maine View Post
    stop trying to put lipstick on your post - its still a pig
    Sorry you take this so personally, it wasn't intended to be. I yield to your pig experience.

++ New Posts ++