WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Sequoia shuttle not running in 2020...logistics help

Sequoia shuttle not running at all in 2020, any idea how to get into the park from Fresno? I hear uber etc not allowed in the park as don’t have proper permits...car rental not a option as we are not returning to the park. HST to JMT nobo. Uber to park boundary then hitch in to permit pickup? I’ve never been to SNP so have no experience there. Any input appreciated as we have out trail permits and are good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand that there will be no in-person permit pickups. For 2020 it's done via email and a phone call with a SEKI ranger 2 weeks prior to your permit date.

There is a guy who runs a transportation company just outside SEKI that offers a shuttle into the park from different locations.

https://www.facebook.com/TRTDS/

Quote Originally Posted by ADK Walker View Post
    I understand that there will be no in-person permit pickups. For 2020 it's done via email and a phone call with a SEKI ranger 2 weeks prior to your permit date.

There is a guy who runs a transportation company just outside SEKI that offers a shuttle into the park from different locations.

https://www.facebook.com/TRTDS/
    Great! I will call him..didn’t see that about permits...thx for the info!

Sure thing. I made contact with the owner Trent last night. He's very easy to work with in setting up a reservation through his FB page.

Meanwhile
    The cost to fly from Greensboro to Denver, Salt Lake City, or Calgary is ridiculously cheap.
    We picked the right year to move.
    We picked the wrong year to move.
    Good luck! The Bridger-Teton National Forest is open.
    Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Venchka View Post
    Meanwhile
    The cost to fly from Greensboro to Denver, Salt Lake City, or Calgary is ridiculously cheap.
    We picked the right year to move.
    We picked the wrong year to move.
    Good luck! The Bridger-Teton National Forest is open.
    Wayne
    Less than $250 round trip from jax to Fresno...not bad...

Congratulations, you just found out how big a logistical nightmare SEKI can be, and that's when it had the Sequoia Shuttle running! From Fresno via Visalia to Crescent Meadow to be about 2.5 hours, so if your one-way with no return, I would call the REI in Fresno. Somebody on the staff will accomadate you, you must be 'generous' with them! Money talks transportation. I had two vehicles, parking one at Crescent Meadow near the Giant Forest and the other at Whitney Portal, taking 13 hours to drop and return back to Crescent Meadow. The Whitney Portal Hostel in Lone Pine will get you logistics info for the East Side minus the Shuttle. The Sequoia 'Taxi' went out of business. That same trip back to Crescent from Lone Pine was a thousand dollars! Most foreign visitors paid it. Fantastic Hostel with everything you need a short walk, and I really dig the Elevation Store down the road. John is very knowledgeable of the local logistics. I hope this helps. I just left there. SEKI gets in your bones. Being a ranger type, I got a helicopter ride of the HST to Guitar Lake and back. 30 minutes round trip and just as spectacular as being on the ground for 7 days and 6 nights. Wish you the best, be careful, its a very vertical Park that will tatoo your brain the rest of your days.

++ New Posts ++