20d Silpoly Bathtub floor by Tipik Tentes – 195g/6.9oz

€35 shipped within Europe, $40usd shipped to the states.
https://imgur.com/a/AVXbHv4#CDVVNaxPictures here

Designed for the Tipik Pioulou, which is similar dimensions to most 1p mids. The shape of the floor would work perfectly fine for any tarp I think? I like the simple, minimalist nature of the tub, and the fact silpoly is less slippery than my silnylon floors, but found I just use my bivvy more often, and I have a full inner – I can’t justify having 3 inner options for a minimalist mid.

It’s a simple design, to save weight and minimise potential failures. Here’s Tipik’s description

“I make my bathtubs without any rigid part, to avoid unnecessary weight and any sewing where it touches the ground. It makes it more waterproof and without weak points, but it’s never really taut near the ground, only on the perimeter”

– 220cm x 70cm (foot and head ends) x 75cm (centre)
– 6 mini clips on webbing for the tieouts. My pioulou has buckles on the fly (which I’ll cut off now) to clip the inner in quickly. If you’d like the buckles from my piolou to attach to your shelter, or to use as quick setup tie outs, I can include those. Otherwise I’d probably suggest removing the buckles and attaching some shock cord to the corners of your fly, or going straight to some Ti sheppard hooks. One of the mid tie outs has a g-hook (i think that’s what they’re called?) which attached directly to the fly tie out loop.

Packs down very small (I dont have a stuff sack for it, but it fits in my Piolou tarp stuff sack with the tarp included).

Picture for scale is next to my size 9 (mens UK) shoe).