WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cool AT Location Quiz Game

Check out this game! How well do YOU know the trail? I only got 1240 points. What you got?!?

NOTE: Turns out it works best if you do not zoom in. On phones, rotate sideways, that helps a bit to be able to see well.

https://www.hykeroo.com/AT-loc-quiz
    Last edited by dmperkins74; 03-30-2020 at 11:21.

too easy...

Images

15,120 the second time I played. You have to be really, REALLY exact where you click to get big points which is difficult. Got two 5000 pt ones - one on the Kennebec Ferry, the other on Hanover.

Registered User Nolan "Guido" Jordan's Avatar

I got 840. I hope that's not too shabby.

1,490 I got robbed on Hanover, and Mt. Cube, and got weak points. I got a bunch of zeros for flat out guessing as well, so I guess I earned my score.

My browser doesn't work correctly on it, when I scroll down to the map section with the location it arbitrarily assumes I picked a point without do so.

I only got 5,640. Since you can't zoom in, hitting the exact location is nearly impossible.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Images

6540, 4000 of which I got by locating Amicaloa Falls SP, too easy. Yeah, you gotta be exact though to get the Big Points.... I'll try again..... 14,240 ! Three easy questions ( Shen. river crossing, Harpers Ferry and Neels Gap) made up most of that. Totally random if you get easy questions or not.

Fun! Thanks for sharing.

First try was 20,310.
    Stumpknocker
    Appalachian Trail is 35.9% complete.

Holy cats! You guys are good! I'm pretty good on some of the obvious ones, but the shelters I have NO idea of.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by dmperkins74 View Post
    Holy cats! You guys are good! I'm pretty good on some of the obvious ones, but the shelters I have NO idea of.
    Play it again, if you're luck, you'll get 2-3 easy questions and if you're careful about picking the location, you'll get thousands of points each. I'm the same on shelter names, I only remember a few and I've hiked the trail almost twice (I avoid the shelters, mostly)

Came back to the computer and took a second test. Got 20,460 on it.

The guy that could ace this thing would be Weathercarrot.
    Stumpknocker

Quote Originally Posted by stumpknocker View Post
    First try was 20,310.
    Don't believe this guy!! I know he's cheating and using his Iphone to find the answers. I was with him a couple of weeks ago and believe me, he couldn't find his way around a fish bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Chief View Post
    Don't believe this guy!! I know he's cheating and using his Iphone to find the answers. I was with him a couple of weeks ago and believe me, he couldn't find his way around a fish bowl.
    he's forgotten more by accident than he knows on purpose

Quote Originally Posted by peakbagger View Post
    My browser doesn't work correctly on it, when I scroll down to the map section with the location it arbitrarily assumes I picked a point without do so.
    Yeah, it's not working great with Chrome. I can't even get to the 3rd question??

Got 1350 on first try and only hiked north to Mason-Dixon in sections.

I got 6650, but lost points because I couldn’t pin-point where things were on my iPad. At least that’s the story I’m going to stick with.

Pringles

Yes, you were with me a few weeks ago, but who was hiking and who was heading to his cabin to drink some bourbon?
    As far as my smart phone goes; a girl with a nice Australian accent says, "Stumpy, what I can do for you?" She always says she can't help me with that when I tell her. Still a nice voice. What else can smart phones do?

Played the game one more time last night and did pretty well. Scored 33,730 points. I completely missed one question about where Kingsland Notch, or Kingsomethng Notch was. I've never heard of it before, but guess I've walked it. It was near Glencliff, but before Kinsman Notch a ways.
    Stumpknocker

Mrs Gorp
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    I agree, he spends too much time cleaning his belly button lint for know where he really is.
    MrsG

Tried the game this morning, but it doesn't seem to be working right now. There's a note attached to it that says they are trying to work out some bugs.

The Old Chief filled out a map of the US that showed which states he's been to. He sent the facebook link to me, so I looked at it. It showed that he's never been to CT even though he supposedly hiked the AT in 2003. I'm not sure what to think about that.

A little side story about The Old Chief; I personally witnessed the day he walked within 3 feet of a 13' alligator that was sunning himself next to a swamp while hiking the FL Trail. He never saw it until he could have reached over and tickled it. I've never seen a guy scream in such a high pitch as he did. It was a beautiful display of the high jump ability of a 70 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf View Post
    That's the nicest thing you've ever said about me! (have we met?)

Quote Originally Posted by Minerva View Post
    I agree, he spends too much time cleaning his belly button lint for know where he really is.
    MrsG
    It's Wednesday; you know what that means. Yes, belly button cleaning day! (my second favorite day of the week)
    Stumpknocker

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
++ New Posts ++