I was hiking with three girls, we all knew each other from an AT Facebook group, and started hiking with each other on Day #3. When we got near Hiawassee on our thru last year, we decided to nero at Top of Georgia. We decided to get a bunk room, leaving 3 empty bunks for folks coming in behind us.

While we were relaxing, I jumped into the top bunk, about to nap, and the girls were sorting their packs and supplies on the floor. We heard two of our friends entire the bunkhouse with the owner. Well, if you poked your head in the door of the room, apparently you couldn't see me. The owner said to the girls "These two fellows were hoping to share the bunkroom with you all, but I told them this room was only reserved for the prettiest young girls on the trail". I sat up quickly, he finally saw me, and I said "Ummm, excuse me sir!". To which he apologized profusely.

The girls ate that up (even though it's kind of messed up thing to say to a bunch of females), they were set out of the rest of the evening to turn that into a trail name. I was like "fine, you can pick it, but it needs to be family friendly". One of them had been listening to Michael Jackson a few days before and instantly said "I have it! Pretty Young Thing!" And I said "that's pretty long, how about P.Y.T.?", and they all agreed. So, there it is.

P.Y.T.
Class of 2019, AT Flip Flop thru hiker