WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

the wife and i should be just getting to atlanta,meeting up with ron brown and heading to amicalola to do the georgia section
    instead were stuck here in mass watching it snow.i found things in my cellar yesterday i havent seen in over twenty years
    yup im that BORED.hoping this will break by may and we can get back out.

Had my fiddle lesson, worked on sewing a dress, made lunch for work for the next several days, rode my bike, sat in the park and knitted.

Quote Originally Posted by Traffic Jam View Post
    Had my fiddle lesson, worked on sewing a dress, made lunch for work for the next several days, rode my bike, sat in the park and knitted.
    A productive day
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Journal Entries

Here in Port Orange, Florida have been doing 5-7 mile walks everyday between the beach, my neighborhood loop, and the Longleaf Pine Preserve which has 11 miles of trails...
    The beaches have some walkers, but it's pretty wide open due to the no laying on the beach rule. I have had Longleaf Pine Preserve all to myself. There are a good number of people/couples out walking the neighborhood.
    I have to get out of the house everyday to keep my sanity. I use the Walking the Distance App on my I-phone, where you can virtually hike the AT....it gives me a goal to get out and walk. I'm almost out of Georgia on my virtual AT thru hike!

Lockdown released yesterday, now I'm out for a 3-day loop in the local mountains.
    Bursting spring everywhere.
    Life is good!

Since the C-word hit I've been sleeping in the backyard in a bedroll (cowboy) camp---to keep my Thermarest on-the-ground chops up---and I finally got around to publishing my 27 Etudes for Soprano Recorder I wrote several years ago---

P1000076-XL.jpg
    Bed roll camp.

Recorder Etudes Number 22_page-0001.jpg

https://musescore.com/user/34686105/scores/6080011

I just got finished planting 2- 12' -6×6 posts in the ground 3' deep with 120 lbs of concrete in each and 18' apart. For a hammock , yep that's where I'll be hanging and barbecuing.

Today I set my ultra lite 2 person tent up in the middle of the living room, under the watchful eyes of wild critters namely my cats. Spent a hour or so watching tv through the door than when I felt like I was getting bored I turned the ceiling fan on HIGH and practiced bad weather camping.

Quote Originally Posted by SoaknWet View Post
    Today I set my ultra lite 2 person tent up in the middle of the living room, under the watchful eyes of wild critters namely my cats. Spent a hour or so watching tv through the door than when I felt like I was getting bored I turned the ceiling fan on HIGH and practiced bad weather camping.
    Lol, yeah all sure signs we need " INTO IN THE WILD " ! In desperate need of a forest bathing.

Went to work, which seems to be a strange concept for some.

Took a walk on the local Rail Trail. Got me thinking. A lot of people have rail trails near-by. You could make it a multiday hike as stealth camping along the right of way is generally pretty easy to do. So long as it's not a busy early morning jogger - dog walking section.

I did a week long rail trail hike in Maine a while back which was interesting. Boring much of the time, but it went through areas one would not normally visit so had it's moments.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by John B View Post
    This comes to mind, as always---

Quote Originally Posted by Tipi Walter View Post
    This comes to mind, as always---
    HA! One of my favorite movies! The dialogue still cracks me up when I think about it!

But I put my kid through undergrad and then med school so that she finished completely debt free, so I needed (and still need) a job.

I sewed 8 perfect masks for my kids yesterday, which seems good... However, I spent the days before re-learning how to use the 30 year old sewing machine, breaking needles, and generally butchering large quantities of fabric.

going to buzzard rock later

Quote Originally Posted by Puddlefish View Post
    I sewed 8 perfect masks for my kids yesterday, which seems good... However, I spent the days before re-learning how to use the 30 year old sewing machine, breaking needles, and generally butchering large quantities of fabric.
    8 kids?

Quote Originally Posted by JNI64 View Post
    8 kids?
    Hell no! Two adult kids, four masks each. Nursing home director, and victim's rights advocate, so they can't work from home.

Some days, it's not worth chewing through the restraints.

Quote Originally Posted by John B View Post
    I consider myself very fortunate to be working my butt off! My commute has been shortened to a dozen steps down to the basement, but no letup in the volume.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipi Walter View Post
    Since the C-word hit I've been sleeping in the backyard in a bedroll (cowboy) camp---to keep my Thermarest on-the-ground chops up---and I finally got around to publishing my 27 Etudes for Soprano Recorder I wrote several years ago---

Oh my! The legend of the Nutbuster Trail has yet another talent. Funny, I've thought about learning recorder (or tin whistle) as an instrument that might be well-suited in size, weight, and durability to environmental conditions one would expect to encounter on the trail. Even tried my hand at fashioning my own flute out of PVC. Sort of worked, kind of a fun project just to prove I could do it, but not good enough to choose over, say, my daughter's old Yamaha plastic recorder from her younger school days.

Funny that Tipi Walter's choice of instrument is comparatively ultralight.

Images

Went into the woods and located a patch of wild leek while looking for morel shrooms

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
++ New Posts ++