Quote Originally Posted by Walking man & Spider View Post
This may seem strange to most folks but many of us on the autism spectrum are very picky eaters. I eat very bland foods and don't tolerate mixed foods like stews, mixed vegetables, onions, garlic & most peppers, don't like sauces much. Therefore things like Mountain House meals are out of the question for me. Heck I don't even eat out much because the cooks get tired of me telling them how I want my food prepared.

I am planning an extended hike this summer and have dehydrated some specialty items but most foods don't dehydrate well. I can't survive off of Mac n Cheese although I do like it LOL. I've tried some of the romen noodle dishes and can't stomach them.

So here are some of the things I have been searching for don't know if these products even exist. 1. Freeze dried white rice...I am assuming boiling regular rice would burn a lot of fuel, am I correct in thinking freeze dried would use less fuel. 2. Maybe some freeze dried beans. 3. Freeze dried meats. 4. Eggs unseasoned. Keep in mind I can tolerate a little salt & pepper but no major spices.

Thanks for any information,
Mike
Minute rice can substitute for freeze dried rice, which I have never seen sold.
Mountain House and others sell freeze dried vegetables and meats. For Mountain House and some others' products, you can buy these in #10 cans and repackage as you see fit for your recipes and appetite.
Ova Easy egg crystals make for great eggs on trail if you like scrambled eggs