WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: NJ Shuttle

Default NJ Shuttle

Planning to section-hike the state of New Jersey in late April and looking for a shuttle service that can take me and my buddy from Delaware Water Gap to Greenwood Lake Marina (NY)... this is about 62 miles. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also, I'm aware that there is long-term AT parking in DWG but not exactly sure?

Can not go wrong with george lightcap. Best in the biz up there IMO. And enjoy your walk, i loved NJ
    Trail Miles: 4,980.5
    AT Map 1: Complete 2013-2021
    Sheltowee Trace: Complete 2020-2023
    Pinhoti Trail: Complete 2023-2024
    Foothills Trail: 47.9
    AT Map 2: 279.4
    BMT: 52.7
    CDT: 85.4

Thanks Gambit... I don't see him in the AT Guide (2018) can you pm me his number? Enjoyed many of your post over the years as we are both big into Sectioning the AT. This hike will complete GA to NY 1,367 miles, and conclude anymore northbound section-hikes. The commute, time, and expense to travel roundtrip 1,000 miles to hike 100 just ain't getting it anymore. Lesson learned is I should have started younger but I can't turn back the hand of time. IF...a very big IF I can manage this next section without any health issues (quadruple bypass in 2017) I want to hit Katahdin and hump back to NY.... but dude I more than twice your age and somewhat intimidated about ME and NH. Thanks brother....

If you cannot find George, I should be able to help you--with advance notice--I work from home most week days.

Quote Originally Posted by danil411 View Post
    If you cannot find George, I should be able to help you--with advance notice--I work from home most week days.
    Thank you.... right now I'm planning on being in DWG around 11ish on Saturday, April 25th.

"To make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." - T.S. Eliot

george is your man and you get a cool necklace.

I have put it in my calendar, Grunt. I have heard of George but since I live in Vernon, I didn't use his services during my 2013 thru-hike. I will use same principles as he does--I will probably hike the trail that day too.

Images

another vote for George. The best!
    Doin' the trail one section at a time
    You can read about my adventures at
    http://happyonthetrails.wordpress.com/

++ New Posts ++