WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Starting date ideas for beginning the trail back at Winding Stair Gap.

I finally made the decision to sell everything, pay off all debts, quit my job, and attempt to finish the AT this summer. I have already done the approach trail to Winding Stair Gap/US64 two times on section hikes with friends so i would like to begin my hike where I left off. Looking for suggestions on when I should hit the trail at this point.

I don't mind crowded shelters and actually would like to go through the Smokies when a lot of people are as I don't sleep well on trail, especially in the shelters (I want to legally be able to use my tent). My main concern is weather. I was thinking April 13th/14th. Thanks in advance!

-

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan84 View Post
    I finally made the decision to sell everything, pay off all debts, quit my job, and attempt to finish the AT this summer. I have already done the approach trail to Winding Stair Gap/US64 two times on section hikes with friends so i would like to begin my hike where I left off. Looking for suggestions on when I should hit the trail at this point.

I don't mind crowded shelters and actually would like to go through the Smokies when a lot of people are as I don't sleep well on trail, especially in the shelters (I want to legally be able to use my tent). My main concern is weather. I was thinking April 13th/14th. Thanks in advance!
    nothing wrong with that time, past the main bubble, but a little warm as it will be summer before new England states

++ New Posts ++