So here's a crazy idea. I want to attempt a thru hike next year. My husband is in full support of this. There are a couple of things which could prevent me doing this. One of the biggest ones is missing my husband. He's been my best friend for nearly 30 years. We also have a goal of converting a school bus for full time living. He can get a job working remotely. The mobile life was theoretically going to be a few years from now. BUT.... if we did the skoolie soon, I could backpack Mon-Fri while he works and then see him Friday, maybe hike some on Sat and Sun but get shuttled by him. We would likely need to tow a vehicle (jeep more than likely) to make our meetups easier. It would be of value for many reasons.

The big question would be finding places to park, either with or without hookups. (we would like to make it capable of being 100% off grid) I'm thinking he could move it every couple weeks or so as needed as I moved up the trail.

What do y'all know about places to park a converted school bus "along the AT?" It will legally be an RV. Thanks.