Default Looking for a hiking buddy for March or April

I have several possibilities. Hike from first week of March for two weeks then come home for some events the third week of March then return to the trail last week of Mach for the remainder of a through or lengthy section. Or just wait until my commitments for March are over and hit the trail near the end of March.

So, I'd love to find someone to pair up with for two weeks in the beginning of March from Springer although I am open to a two week hike on any section, do not mind winter as long as it is not in deep snow. I'm not in shape for that. Or, looking for someone who wants to start end of March and see how far we make it, either from Springer or a flip flop from further on up the trail.

I'm not in shape at all. I'm fast approaching 54 and have had an extremely stressful past two years which has resulted in loss of focus on keeping healthy, so I am overweight and out of shape and with bad knees but have years of hiking experience and have a somewhat decent idea of what I can handle even when out of shape, as long as I do not hurt myself. It will be a very slow start.Lots of smelling the roses... I'll start walking soon to prepare but the bulk of whatever fitness I can attain will be on the trail. It's best if you are in the same shape as me and with some experience.

I am a left leaning, liberal hippie from the northeast - do what you will with that as to whether you think we would be a good match for hiking together. My email is [email protected].

I'm hope to leave for GA April 20.
    I already have plans to hike with someone else for 2 weeks.

After that....????

Sketcher709 you intentionally placed this in the Women's Forum and not the more general Meeting Up forum, that is correct?
    "Sleepy alligator in the noonday sun
    Sleepin by the river just like he usually done
    Call for his whisky
    He can call for his tea
    Call all he wanta but he can't call me..."
    Robert Hunter & Ron McKernan

Whiteblaze.net User Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by gracebowen View Post
    I'm hope to leave for GA April 20.
    I already have plans to hike with someone else for 2 weeks.

After that....????
    I was wondering Grace if she could join us for those 2 weeks .... she and I could carpool.

If interested, send a PM and I'll forward the itinerary.....it's going to be an epic trip BTW, if I do say so myself!!
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

And yes, I intentionally placed this in the women’s forum. I want to hike with women, hopefully in the same speed category.

Hi,
    I am not a woman and hope this is not inappropriate. My wife and I are hitting the approach trail on APR13. We are left leaning (like completely bent over leaning) liberal left coasters and would love to share time with anyone looking to have a good time/comeradie on the trail. If that happens to match up to your time then awesome!

Just private message or email me.

++ New Posts ++