WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Quote Originally Posted by 4eyedbuzzard View Post
    I've never built one, but there's a great tutorial on one here https://backpackinglight.com/forums/...-a-frame-tarp/
    Thanks, in fact I remember that one from a few years back. I think the edge taping would be the most tedious part.

I made a tyvek tarp that I actually used a couple of times when I was a ground dweller. I now hammock and it's not nearly long enough for that. Never got to use it in really nasty weather like gales+heavy rain, but it did okay with some spiffy 20mph breezes.

I used some pieces of bamboo chopsticks and duct tape for the guy line and ridge line attachment points. Worked quite well.

However, this tarp is still heavier than a comparably-sized .51 DCF (Sorry, don't have exact weight...)

tyvek tarp 01-small.jpg

Looks good. Same color duct tape too.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Muskrat View Post
    Who wants to carry a wet filter inside your jacket in winter? Or inside a snug down bag? Been there, dun that.
    Well it would have to be in a zip lock baggie of course.

Quote Originally Posted by cmoulder View Post
    Thanks, in fact I remember that one from a few years back. I think the edge taping would be the most tedious part.

I made a tyvek tarp that I actually used a couple of times when I was a ground dweller. I now hammock and it's not nearly long enough for that. Never got to use it in really nasty weather like gales+heavy rain, but it did okay with some spiffy 20mph breezes.

I used some pieces of bamboo chopsticks and duct tape for the guy line and ridge line attachment points. Worked quite well.

However, this tarp is still heavier than a comparably-sized .51 DCF (Sorry, don't have exact weight...)

tyvek tarp 01-small.jpg
    Using bamboo chopsticks for ridge line attachment pts should be in the humor section LOL We're they Ul chopstick pieces? Could toothpicks have been used? LOL.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
++ New Posts ++