WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: Gossamer pack

Default Gossamer pack

So I think I have settled on a Gossamer pack. I am between the Mariposa 60l and the Silverback 55l. My gear, food & water (3 days) weight is approx 25lbs. I am wanting to hear the pros cons of the 2 besides price. Anyone with knowledge of the two, feel free to respond. I am wanting to go lightweight in pack currently my empty pack weighs 6lbs.

Thanks,

Mike

I carried the Maripossa on the JMT this summer with a base weight of 14-ish pounds. With 8 days of food the pack was in the mid to upper 30's for a few days. I love the pack. I use the upgraded air mesh back pannel that they sell. I carried a Bearikade weekender canister and it fit very well.

I went to the web site and checked out the packs. Now everywhere I go on the internet, their ad pops up. Guess they really want to sell me a pack...
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by ADK Walker View Post
    I carried the Maripossa on the JMT this summer with a base weight of 14-ish pounds. With 8 days of food the pack was in the mid to upper 30's for a few days. I love the pack. I use the upgraded air mesh back pannel that they sell. I carried a Bearikade weekender canister and it fit very well.
    I have had similarly good experiences with the Mariposa (on JMT and other trips), which is my largest pack. For the AT, the smaller Gorilla was big enough for the gear and food/water I had to carry. Can't comment on the Silverback.
    Find the LIGHT STUFF at QiWiz.net

The lightest cathole trowels, wood burning stoves, windscreens, spatulas,
    cooking options, titanium and aluminum pots, and buck saws on the planet

The Mariposa has lots of volume and no way to compress it when lightly loaded. I use the Kumo for Summer trips up to 4 days, the Gorilla for longer food carries and/or colder trips. I am looking at the Silverback for winter overnights. I would go with the Silverback -lots of compression and possible configurations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heads up, Gorilla on sale, 25% off through 4/04

Journal Entries

Default Gossamer pack

Quote Originally Posted by ADK Walker View Post
    How did u eat for 8 days off weekender? -)

I just bought Mariposa too and looking for a bear canister that fits. Thanks for the tip.

GG has Black Friday sale going on now. There is also new gorilla 50 model.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

++ New Posts ++