WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Robust earbuds/headphones for a 2020 NOBO

Hi All,

Anyone got a recommendation for wired earbuds? Ideally, I’d like something that would:
    1. Be robust enough to last awhile with reasonable care given to it.
    2. Sound decent
    3. Not be too expensive
    4. Have a microphone built in to the cord.

I do not plan on using earbuds while hiking but rather, at night while in the hammock.

thanks.

I am leaving 2/11. Are you excited yet!? I plan to use the ones I have (picked up at Walgreens) and if they break or get lost, get a new set at a drugstore or grocery. I have not had any trouble hiking hundreds of miles with mine so I don't think you have to worry too much. I would be more worried if I had very good ones.

I plan to step off on 1 March 2020.

The only trouble I've had with earbuds is occasionally loosing them. I do hike with music, so I keep a spare set.

It's hard to find a set of earbuds without a mic these days. Only the 99 cent versions lack a mic and those are hardly worth 99 cents.

You do get what you pay for. While a $5 set will be serviceable, a more expensive set will likely be sturdier built and have better base response. That is certainly the case with a pair of AKG buds vs a pair of Generic $5 buds.

There are some insanely expensive earbuds available. After a point, I doubt you get much more then a name. $20 is about the most I'll swing for a pair of earbuds.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Both of these are indestructible.
    I have had the Stanleys for a year. These should be available locally in other hardware stores, not just Lowe's or Home Depot.

The $10 cheap generic ear buds available every where only lasted a couple of months.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/DEWALT-Earb...nes/1000976140
    dewalt ear buds.png
    https://www.landmsupply.com/stanley-memory-foam-rugged-earphones-190-9515-st2
    2.jpg

Images

Trex titanium. Bone induction headphones. Music without blocking ambient sound. M
    My name is Tabasco and I approve this message.

++ New Posts ++