This will probably turn out to be a short and limited thread---but who belongs to the "exclusive" club of McHale pack ownership?

Dan McHale makes custom backpacks out of Seattle and I started the long process of getting one back in September 2017. He gets your measurements and sends out a Demo pack to use and test before the final pack is made.

The first time I used a Demo was for a trip in January 2018 and ended up pulling 80 days of backpacking with the thing. Then in August 2018 I sent back the Demo and received the finished pack he calls a Critical Mass pack. With this pack I have pulled 204 days of backpacking.

My buddy Hoppin John just received a McHale pack so we're interested in others here on whiteblaze who have used McHale packs.

Here's the blue Demo pack showing the back foam panel which can be removed and used as a sit pad.

The back foam panel is easily removed with velcro attachments. Pic also shows the four grommets and bolts---two outer are frame attachments and two inner attach the hipbelt---easily removed and replaced if needed.

This shows the pack's harness system on the Demo. Note the double hipbelt buckles. And high belt rests comfortably atop the top of the hip bones, the Iliac crest---with a built in lumbar pad which can be adjusted in thickness or completely removed.

The usual McHale label on the top lid. The top lid can be removed and used as either a butt pack or a shoulder bag.

This pick shows well the harness system with the bypass straps which are highly modified load lifter straps.

I was hauling up to 95 lbs with the Demo with no complaints---although the Demo's volume was a little small versus the finished pack. This is on Kirkland Creek which has 11 creek crossings so the boots fit easily under the top lid.