WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: AT Gear List

Default AT Gear List

Still working on my winter gear list. I start hiking the approach on February 10th.

I've dropped one set of clothes so mostly I just have what I am hiking in now and sleeping cloths.

I am looking at the suggestion for the GG 1/8th pad. I ordered one and hope to get cold enough weather to try it out with my BA core slx pad which is rated for 32F. I will also switch the polycro for Tyvek. these could save another pound but I am not counting that yet until I try them out.

Someone on that thread asked I post my whole gear list so I posted it here https://lighterpack.com/r/an3u3h

Fell free to comment. Please note I included initial food/water, what I am wearing, and also my bounce box items which I have the option to add at Fontana Dam, or perhaps bounce more if find I don't need something.

So not counting those I am down to 26.54 pounds in the pack or about 36.7 with food/water.

noticed I had forgot to weigh my glasses, glasses case, and contacts/case. So bag is at 26.88 lbs + food / water.

++ New Posts ++