WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Any other guys with narrow feet?

I am tough to fit as far as footwear in concerned. I have long and very narrow feet. In street shoes, I'm a 13-A if I can get it.

Are there any hiking boots or shoes that you could recommend to a person with these challenges?

Thanks in advance.

I have a similar problem, Most off the shelf boots are too wide for me so when I have to side step my foot rolls inside the boot. Very annoying.

I found Scarpa boots to be cut narrow, but their expensive and I can only find them online now. Plus their the only boot I've used which have stayed waterproof through their entire useful life. I typically just wear the tread off them.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Images

I've found the Salomon model X Ultra 3 (a "standard" fit width per mfg) fit my narrow feet pretty well. The X Ultra 3 is called a "standard" fit, which would typically be a "D" width in men's shoes, but it fits my narrow ("B" width?) 11 1/2 feet well with hiking socks. Some people don't like the speed lacing system, but I've actually found it really good after being reluctant at first. They also have a model called Outline which is even narrower. REI carries pretty much everything Salomon makes. Might be worth a try as REI will take returns if they don't wind up fitting well.

Images

14A here. Altras actually fit me pretty well. I’ll be starting my thru in Superior 3.5s and will transition to Timp 1.5s after that first pair wears out.
    My name is Tabasco and I approve this message.

Danner and New Balance make narrow widths.

Some days, it's not worth chewing through the restraints.

+1 for Salomon shoes. Many of theirs are quite narrow, whether they call them medium or not.

I'm also a 13 narrow. I've had best luck with La Sportiva. It seems that narrow sizing is more common in European shoes. I've also had good luck with North Face.

Here is a good link that should help:
    https://www.outsideonline.com/177979...st-narrow-foot

Guys, I really appreciate all the good reports. Thanks much for your replies.

Images

I'm a 12B and hike in Asics trail runners because Asics come narrower than a lot of other shoes, and finding B-widths in my area is difficult. I like to try my shoes on before purchasing, rather than hoping for a fitting pair purchased online, only to have to return them later.
    Long-distance aspirations with short-distance feet.... :jump

I've tried many brands for my 13 narrow foot and Altra Timp 1.5 has been the best fit, followed by Oboz & La Sportiva.

Quote Originally Posted by SoFlo View Post
    I've tried many brands for my 13 narrow foot and Altra Timp 1.5 has been the best fit, followed by Oboz & La Sportiva.
    I wound up with a pair of Altra Timp 1.5s that I got direct from Altra on sale for about half price. They came yesterday and they fit great. I think I'm going to like these. Trying them out next weekend from Springer to Gooch Gap. We'll see. Thanks for all the recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by Stikbow View Post
    I wound up with a pair of Altra Timp 1.5s that I got direct from Altra on sale for about half price. They came yesterday and they fit great. I think I'm going to like these. Trying them out next weekend from Springer to Gooch Gap. We'll see. Thanks for all the recommendations.
    Wow, that's a great deal. I think you'll like them.

++ New Posts ++