WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

13-45 Section Hiker Trash
    Images

Default SOLD Western Mountaineering Alpinlite and Mountain Hardwear 2nd Dimension

Both bags have been sold, thanks for your interest.

I have the subject bags for sale for the following prices:
    • SOLD WM Alpinlite - $400 including shipping
    • SOLD MH 2nd Dimension - $95 including shipping

I can do PayPal, Zelle, Check or money order. For the check option, note that I will have to wait until it clears before shipping.

I have included some photos of the items that have been reduced in size to fit in here, so if you want more photos or better resolution please contact me and I'll send them to you. You can contact me through the PM function here, and then we can take it offline through email.

SOLD Western Mountaineering Alpinelite 20 Degree Down Sleeping Bag

This is very lightly used WM Alpinlite in like new condition. It was used for less than 10 nights out a few years ago. I bought it in 2014 when I was still going out on trips in the late fall, winter and early spring. About a year or so after that I stopped camping out on cold nights and thus why I am selling the bag. I have taken great care of it (as can be seen in the photos), and it has been stored in its dust sack in a climate-controlled environment (closet).

The bag is rated for 20 degrees, and the zipper is on the right side. It is filled with 850+ fill power down. The bag is a size long and will fit individuals up to 6'-6" tall.

The bag is roughly 17" long by 8" diameter when stuffed in the stuff sack and weighs 2 lb 2 oz in the stuff sack. The bag comes with a stuff sack and storage sack.

Top view small.jpg Back view small.jpg Open small.jpg Bag and sacks small.jpg

SOLD Mountain Hardwear 2nd Dimension 15 Degree Synthetic Sleeping Bag

This is very lightly used "vintage" Mountain Hardwear 2nd Dimension sleeping bag in pristine condition as it was only used for a few nights out many years ago. It has been in climate-controlled storage (a closet) in the dust bag the rest of the time.

The bag is rated for 15 degrees and the zipper is on the right side. It is filled with Polarguard Delta synthetic fill. It also has the "expander", which is an additional zipper that when unzipped adds girth to the bag (see photo). The bag is a size long and will fit individuals up to 6'-6" tall.

The bag is roughly 19.5" long by 8" diameter when stuffed in the stuff sack and weighs 3 lb 15 oz in the stuff sack. The bag comes with a stuff sack and storage sack.

Top view small.jpg Bottom view small.jpg Right side view with expander opened small.jpg Open view small.jpg Bag and storage sacks small.jpg
    Last edited by Berserker; 11-20-2019 at 15:02.
    AT: 2007-2019 (45 sections)
    JMT: 2013

Do you think the WM bag is too long for someone who is 5’11”?

Quote Originally Posted by Traffic Jam View Post
    I’m 5’-8”. I don’t notice the extra 6” of length. That’s only one extra baffle.
    Fantastic bag. I have easily pushed it to 15 degrees.
    Wayne

Same. I'm about 5'10" and use a long summerlite. No complaints.

Thanks! I’m thinking about it for my son but it might also be used by the shorter members of my family.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Venchka View Post
    I’m 5’-8”. I don’t notice the extra 6” of length. That’s only one extra baffle.
    Fantastic bag. I have easily pushed it to 15 degrees.
    Wayne
    Glad to hear it! I just got the Alpenlite, I want to try using it WITH my Everlite........when I don't feel like carrying my Puma!

Images

I used a WM Alpinlite for a few years, FANTASTIC bag, roomy, warm and conservatively rated, I only sold mine because I switched to using quilts. $400 is a very fair price for this, someone should snatch this up fast.

BTW, I'm just a tad over 6', and I had the long version w/o regrets, even with the couple of extra ounces.
    Last edited by colorado_rob; 11-19-2019 at 09:04.

13-45 Section Hiker Trash
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Traffic Jam View Post
    Looks like you already got some answers on this. I personally can't say whether it would or would not be too long. As someone who is 6'-5" I have always had to buy long bags, and I typically just barely fit in them such that when I have it fully cinched up my feet are against the foot end and my head is pretty snug up in the hood. So that's something to consider.

Another thing to look at is weight. From the WM website the difference in weight between the regular and long is 2 oz.

AT: 2007-2019 (45 sections)
    JMT: 2013

++ New Posts ++