WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bartram Trail

Default Bartram Trail

New guidebook to the GA/NC Bartram Trail available now at https://www.trtrailguides.com/

front cover.jpg

Is it all the trail and any road walk or alternates descriptions to connect all the trail in all the states? That would be easier and have more enjoy this solitudinous thru hike than trying to piece things together.

The book covers the GA and NC Bartram Trail from Russell Bridge (Chattooga River) to Cheoah Bald. and includes the 10 mile roadwalk thru Franklin, NC.

Ordered. Thx Tom. Tick tock tick tock. This will be one of my Dec thrus.

Images

also ordered.....

who nose when ill be back hiking............but figured a guidebook would be a start....

So maybe we'll meet again but perhaps going the same direction this time?

Some days, it's not worth chewing through the restraints.

The list of trails for my retirement years keeps on growing! thanks for the post

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    So maybe we'll meet again but perhaps going the same direction this time?

Yeah....

that was on the BMT......

hopefully one day my fat ass will make it back on a trail.....

I haven't been hiking in 4 and a half years......

Your not fat; it's only your arse that's fat. LOL. Wait. 4 1/2 yrs? Maybe you are a little bit um chubby now. Got to get out more often to some Raves, howl at the moon, walk a few miles hauling TW's Ultra Loader.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    Your not fat; it's only your arse that's fat. LOL. Wait. 4 1/2 yrs? Maybe you are a little bit um chubby now. Got to get out more often to some Raves, howl at the moon, walk a few miles hauling TW's Ultra Loader.
    4 1/2 years is about right because I was coming off Flats Mt in TN in 2013 when I saw TNhiker in Beehouse Gap coming up the Flats. It gave me a good excuse to dump the UltraLoad and chitchat.

Yeah some others said I had just missed you. Too bad because I could have used some avocados and you a good UL trash talking. Actually, you're the one I'd seek info from more than perhaps any other in that area; you know it so well. Your trail insight in that area I find priceless. You could open up a info stand at those TH's kinda like Lucy offering advice... The Doctor is ...IN

Quote Originally Posted by TR Trail Guides View Post
    The book covers the GA and NC Bartram Trail from Russell Bridge (Chattooga River) to Cheoah Bald. and includes the 10 mile roadwalk thru Franklin, NC.
    So would doing GA & NC be considered a Thru Hike of the Bartram Trail, or would you need to do other states like AL.
    The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
    Richard Ewell, CSA General

Images

Wait. 4 1/2 yrs? Maybe you are a little bit um chubby now. Got to get out more often to some Raves, howl at the moon

in 2015----i took 2 backpacking trips---one in february and one in march i believe...

and those have been the last two trips i have been on...

my life took a drastic turn in 2015 when my dad was diagnosis with cancer...

then my mom 2 years later......

and my life took another turn for the worse when she passed away summer of 2018.....

and another bad turn when my dad passed away about 3 weeks ago or so........

both of those events changed my life and not in a good way-------i havent even started to figure out my dad's estate stuff and all that.......

soooooooooooo...........these last few years have not been exactly fun for me........

other than i am still seeing a bunch of music..........and will continue to do so.....

just not sure when i'll get back into backpacking-----heck---i dont even know where my stuff is at anymore.....

Quote Originally Posted by TNhiker View Post
    in 2015----i took 2 backpacking trips---one in february and one in march i believe...

and those have been the last two trips i have been on...

my life took a drastic turn in 2015 when my dad was diagnosis with cancer...

then my mom 2 years later......

and my life took another turn for the worse when she passed away summer of 2018.....

and another bad turn when my dad passed away about 3 weeks ago or so........

both of those events changed my life and not in a good way-------i havent even started to figure out my dad's estate stuff and all that.......

soooooooooooo...........these last few years have not been exactly fun for me........

other than i am still seeing a bunch of music..........and will continue to do so.....

just not sure when i'll get back into backpacking-----heck---i dont even know where my stuff is at anymore.....
    Wow, that's alot of major events---and major events always cripple our backpacking lives.

I remember when my Dad died in 2004---my Mom developed slow dementia afterwards and in 2007 I had to move to Greensboro for 3 months and proceed to settle their estate and sell 40 years worth of accumulated stuff along with the house so I could move my Mom to TN. Moving vans, auctions, realtors, banks---just me and Mom and "the stuff"---all a big challenge.

But heck I spent every night of those 3 months in the front yard of her house in a Mt Hardwear tent---

Merle at the tent.jpg

What's the most important thing in the universe? GETTING OUR BAG NIGHTS

Images

I had to move to Greensboro for 3 months and proceed to settle their estate and sell 40 years worth of accumulated stuff along with the house

that's essentially what i have to do with my dad's house----parents are divorced.......my mom's house i cleared out in a couple of weeks and let it go to foreclosure....

my dad's house---he's lived there for 40 years.........and 40 years of stuff...

and it's in maryland..........so it takes me a good 11-12 hours to get there just to begin the process....

and it will take me weeks and weeks and weeks to do......

Quote Originally Posted by TNhiker View Post
    that's essentially what i have to do with my dad's house----parents are divorced.......my mom's house i cleared out in a couple of weeks and let it go to foreclosure....

my dad's house---he's lived there for 40 years.........and 40 years of stuff...

and it's in maryland..........so it takes me a good 11-12 hours to get there just to begin the process....

and it will take me weeks and weeks and weeks to do......
    Maybe you could squat in Maryland for the duration until everything is fixed? Makes it so much easier.

If I had it to do over again I would not just auction everything off at one time---and instead sell everything individually on eBay or whatever. I would've made alot more money this way. But an auction is fast and there's no room or time or patience to cart everything back to TN as where would I put it all? One day estate auction and there's nothing left---except you won't make much money out of it.

But the priority was to sell the house fast and get my Mom moved to TN.

The estate/last will and testament/probate subject is a whole other ball of wax adding up to yet more gray hairs.

Images

Maybe you could squat in Maryland for the duration until everything is fixed? Makes it so much easier.

i can live in the house til it's clean out...

the trouble is-----i have a job in TN......

But an auction is fast and there's no room or time or patience to cart everything back to TN as where would I put it all? One day estate auction and there's nothing left---except you won't make much money out of it.

yeah....

im going to do my dad's house the same way as i did my mom's pretty much-----figure out stuff i wanna keep then have an auction house do the rest...

i dont have time and effort to do it piece by piece...

and yeah---i lost a ton of money on the auction house with my mom's stuff...

she had a $6000 piano (i found receipt)----that went for $800 at auction...

i tried giving it away to anyone i knew before but nobody wanted to come and get it from the eastern shore of MD...

The estate/last will and testament/probate subject is a whole other ball of wax adding up to yet more gray hairs

yup....my mom's was fairly easy but still had some complicated stuff.....but she didnt have much assets and accounts...

my dad on the other hand--- i have a three inch thick pile of statements from various accounts he has---stocks and banks and all that.....

i won't start that process til i have the house figured out....

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    So would doing GA & NC be considered a Thru Hike of the Bartram Trail, or would you need to do other states like AL.
    It doesn’t go through Alabama

there's a different Bartram trail in AL, near Tuskegee. And one near Augusta, GA, and in FL. They're real short state park trails. Same man they are named after but different trails.

Quote Originally Posted by TR Trail Guides View Post
    there's a different Bartram trail in AL, near Tuskegee. And one near Augusta, GA, and in FL. They're real short state park trails. Same man they are named after but different trails.
    Thanks for piping in. I didn’t know that.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++