WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bartram Trail

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Bartram Trail

New guidebook to the GA/NC Bartram Trail available now at https://www.trtrailguides.com/

front cover.jpg

Is it all the trail and any road walk or alternates descriptions to connect all the trail in all the states? That would be easier and have more enjoy this solitudinous thru hike than trying to piece things together.

The book covers the GA and NC Bartram Trail from Russell Bridge (Chattooga River) to Cheoah Bald. and includes the 10 mile roadwalk thru Franklin, NC.

Quote Originally Posted by TR Trail Guides View Post
    The book covers the GA and NC Bartram Trail from Russell Bridge (Chattooga River) to Cheoah Bald. and includes the 10 mile roadwalk thru Franklin, NC.
    So would doing GA & NC be considered a Thru Hike of the Bartram Trail, or would you need to do other states like AL.
    The road to glory cannot be followed with much baggage.
    Richard Ewell, CSA General

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    So would doing GA & NC be considered a Thru Hike of the Bartram Trail, or would you need to do other states like AL.
    It doesn’t go through Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by Dogwood View Post
    Is it all the trail and any road walk or alternates descriptions to connect all the trail in all the states? That would be easier and have more enjoy this solitudinous thru hike than trying to piece things together.
    Are you planning to do the road walk into Franklin? Seems to be a major drawback especially hiking w my mutts... may do this instead of SNP AT but hate idea of road walk or hitching/shuttle into town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by saltysack View Post
    Are you planning to do the road walk into Franklin? Seems to be a major drawback especially hiking w my mutts... may do this instead of SNP AT but hate idea of road walk or hitching/shuttle into town.

I’m not aware of a trail that gets you around Franklin so I think it’s either shuttle, road walk or hitch. Franklin being a trail town helps with the shuttle situation at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Southeast View Post
    I’m not aware of a trail that gets you around Franklin so I think it’s either shuttle, road walk or hitch. Franklin being a trail town helps with the shuttle situation at least.
    Thx definitely not road walking with dogs!

Quote Originally Posted by saltysack View Post
    I prefer not doing that 10.2 mile road walk as the shoulders are narrow. However, have driven it several times to/from Wallace Branch and walked it almost entirely one other time taking an offered ride in the middle of a downpour when 8 miles into it. Outdoor 76 Outfitters in Franklin may offer a shuttle. I took one one time from Franklin. There's NO Legal Camping on that 10 mile stretch. Thomas Reeses's Bartram 1st Edition as offered contains excellent trail descriptions, elev profiles, and Mileage summary covering the 108.2 miles of the Bartram. No maps so you'll need the two Nat Geo maps. Might be a good trail for your typical trip duarations and having a dog along. The trail is much quieter than the AT.

Ordered. Thx Tom. Tick tock tick tock. This will be one of my Dec thrus.

Images

also ordered.....

who nose when ill be back hiking............but figured a guidebook would be a start....

So maybe we'll meet again but perhaps going the same direction this time?

Images

So maybe we'll meet again but perhaps going the same direction this time?

Yeah....

that was on the BMT......

hopefully one day my fat ass will make it back on a trail.....

I haven't been hiking in 4 and a half years......

Some days, it's not worth chewing through the restraints.

The list of trails for my retirement years keeps on growing! thanks for the post

Your not fat; it's only your arse that's fat. LOL. Wait. 4 1/2 yrs? Maybe you are a little bit um chubby now. Got to get out more often to some Raves, howl at the moon, walk a few miles hauling TW's Ultra Loader.

Your not fat; it's only your arse that's fat. LOL. Wait. 4 1/2 yrs? Maybe you are a little bit um chubby now. Got to get out more often to some Raves, howl at the moon, walk a few miles hauling TW's Ultra Loader.
    4 1/2 years is about right because I was coming off Flats Mt in TN in 2013 when I saw TNhiker in Beehouse Gap coming up the Flats. It gave me a good excuse to dump the UltraLoad and chitchat.

Yeah some others said I had just missed you. Too bad because I could have used some avocados and you a good UL trash talking. Actually, you're the one I'd seek info from more than perhaps any other in that area; you know it so well. Your trail insight in that area I find priceless. You could open up a info stand at those TH's kinda like Lucy offering advice... The Doctor is ...IN

Images

Wait. 4 1/2 yrs? Maybe you are a little bit um chubby now. Got to get out more often to some Raves, howl at the moon

in 2015----i took 2 backpacking trips---one in february and one in march i believe...

and those have been the last two trips i have been on...

my life took a drastic turn in 2015 when my dad was diagnosis with cancer...

then my mom 2 years later......

and my life took another turn for the worse when she passed away summer of 2018.....

and another bad turn when my dad passed away about 3 weeks ago or so........

both of those events changed my life and not in a good way-------i havent even started to figure out my dad's estate stuff and all that.......

soooooooooooo...........these last few years have not been exactly fun for me........

other than i am still seeing a bunch of music..........and will continue to do so.....

just not sure when i'll get back into backpacking-----heck---i dont even know where my stuff is at anymore.....

Quote Originally Posted by TNhiker View Post
    in 2015----i took 2 backpacking trips---one in february and one in march i believe...

and my life took another turn for the worse when she passed away summer of 2018.....

both of those events changed my life and not in a good way-------i havent even started to figure out my dad's estate stuff and all that.......

soooooooooooo...........these last few years have not been exactly fun for me........

other than i am still seeing a bunch of music..........and will continue to do so.....

just not sure when i'll get back into backpacking-----heck---i dont even know where my stuff is at anymore.....
    Wow, that's alot of major events---and major events always cripple our backpacking lives.

I remember when my Dad died in 2004---my Mom developed slow dementia afterwards and in 2007 I had to move to Greensboro for 3 months and proceed to settle their estate and sell 40 years worth of accumulated stuff along with the house so I could move my Mom to TN. Moving vans, auctions, realtors, banks---just me and Mom and "the stuff"---all a big challenge.

But heck I spent every night of those 3 months in the front yard of her house in a Mt Hardwear tent---

Merle at the tent.jpg

What's the most important thing in the universe? GETTING OUR BAG NIGHTS

Images

Quote Originally Posted by TNhiker View Post
    Damn, I know how you feel Dad passed with cancer in Oct 2017, and them Mom passed in August 2018. My brother and I are down to one last item to close out the trust/estate actions. Backpacking and my trail maintaining (and a lot of other things ) have taken a backseat.

Furlough
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L’Amour

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
++ New Posts ++