WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by JohnAndersen View Post
    Just thought I would add here that starting yesterday and ending today, Dan Fogg beat my time and ran 23:24! He ran northbound from Rockfish Gap to 522, and I'll be curious to compare notes on NOBO vs SOBO. Anyway, he had an incredible performance - we coincidentally had planned for these two weekends months ago, cheers to Dan!
    I figured your impressive FKT would open up the gates to more people proving themselves on this section, but wasn't expecting it so soon. Two very impressive performances in short order!

Could have gone head to head and be on trail at the same time. Nice job to the both of ya!

Just thought that I would add here that we now have a womens record for not only this FKT but also for "most miles on the AT in 24 hours" - Congrats to Sheila Vibert for a strong FKT effort of 26 hours 59 minutes for the AT through SNP (107.8 miles) and for traversing 95.5 miles of AT in 24 hours. Phew!https://fastestknowntime.com/athlete/sheila-vibert

Images

Congrats! I thru-hiked the trail in 1990. The SNP part of the trail is fairly easy terrain compared to the rest of the trail. Even running or speed hiking on flat terrain is a feat in itself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++