WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Gregory Baltoro 65

I am considering buying this pack - not really for multi-day hiking but for search and rescue application. I currently have a Hyperlite 2400 so am used to a UL pack. The Baltoro is over 5lbs but I like it because of its multiple pockets, the ability to get to your stuff by unzipping the front of the pack and each shoulder strap and hip belt is an individual unit.

I'm hoping someone who has this pack and it's no older than 2 years can tell me their pros and cons.

Thx

I have one - is great for the reasons you cite. It's easy to get on and off, too.
    Only cons for me are the empty weight and expense.
    Let me know if you have any questions

I have one and of all the packs I currently have it carries weight better than any. Love the access and I still use it when hiking with my family to carry extra gear. The only downside is the 5 lb empty weight.

Is it raining yet?
    Images

I use it for backpacking in winter. Better accessibility than most internal frames. Expensive but quality.
    Be Prepared

I also have one and it’s for winter use. Nice pack, well made, carries well.

Excellent pack. It's my son's, and we have a backup (found at REI clearance) for when this one wears out.
    "Maybe life isn't about avoiding the bruises. Maybe it's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it."

++ New Posts ++