WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Journal Entries
    Images

Default ALDHA Gathering - Williamstown, MA - Columbus Day Weekend

My apologies if these is another thread on this — but I don’t recall seeing one recently.

For those who don’t know, the ALDHA gathering is coming up soon.

This year’s is in Williamstown, MA over Columbusday weekend.

By my nature, I am not normally inclined to participate in such things but my wife and I came to the last two held in Williamstown, and thoroughly enjoyed them.

Good vibe for both those with friends attending, or for those who may not know a singe person, I think. Great camping field, and the college where many excellent presentations are held is a great venue — we have eaten in the dining hall as it afford the chance to socialize a bit (just sit next anyone who doesn’t look like a student and say hello).

For non-hiking stuff, you can walk to the world class Clark Institute (an Art museum that would be right at home on Central Park - sited in the boonies by the Singer Sewing machine money) or the MASMOCA contemporary art museum in nearby Adams. You can drive up Greylock, or ride bikes on a decent rail trail. Or go on any number of scheduled group hikes. Just saying, there is plenty beyond just the AT stuff to enjoy — but that is of course the best part (opening night is always fun as each year’s class stands up together in the auditorium. Plenty of inspiration I guarantee.

Basically, I guess what’s I am saying is that I think some folks who are not normally drawn to such things (like me) might think about attending.

Registered User SawnieRobertson's Avatar
    Journal Entries

Yes, I was so excited because I would not miss another Gathering (which has happened too frequently), but a terrible family illness requires that our (or at least my) presence will have tone postponed until 2020. There are still the Rucks this winter. And I would appreciate if someone would make an announcement here about the location of TheGathering 2020 as soon as it is determined. Thanks, and y'all have fun. Don't miss if you can possibly avoid doing so.
    You never know just what you can do until you realize you absolutely have to do it.
    --Salaun

See you there!

++ New Posts ++