WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Six Day Pemi Video

Well, the video isn't six days, but it is over an hour. Grab a beverage and settle in for a trip around the Pemi including some parts most folks don't get to see.

“The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait until that other is ready...”~Henry David Thoreau

http://lesstraveledby.net
    YouTube Channel
    Trailspace Reviews

nice. I would like to do tis this coming summer.

Quote Originally Posted by BenK View Post
    Be aware, the AT stretch of this loop can be a zoo especially on weekends but its busy all week as long as school is in session. Once you get east of the traditional loop the usage really drops. Some days you may not see anyone once you get away from the AT and the normal day hike routes to 4ks. The trade off is its a wilderness area so trail blazing is slim to none with signage only at intersections. The trails in this area got a lot of usage in the past so there is trailbed but most folks need to up their navigation and awareness of where they are skills. You will find more blowdowns across the trail, muddy trailbed on occasion and trails in need of brushing but that is a the small price for the relative solitude. There are multiple water crossings that can be dangerous after heavy rains but most of the time they are easy rock hops, keep an eye on the weather forecasts.

Quote Originally Posted by BenK View Post
    Get it if you can Ben! I just rewatched the HD version of this video and while its a lot better than youtube, it still can't compare to being there

peakbagger is correct about the zoo factor on the traditional loop. Campsites are busy in most all seasons that don't have snow, but most folks are fun to share a night with. Mind the elevation profile though. Those climbs are hard on the legs.

He's also right about the less traveled wilderness sections being less maintained. There are no blazes out there and if there were they would be blue not white, so don't follow the fungus patches on the trees thinking you're following blazes like someone I know did once Boy did I, err I mean, he feel dumb when he realized heh. Seriously though, the wilderness trails are very different than the AT highway. You may not see anyone for days if you are lucky, but you are on your own.

Have fun, be safe, take pics so you can remember it all when you get old!
    “The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait until that other is ready...”~Henry David Thoreau

http://lesstraveledby.net
    YouTube Channel
    Trailspace Reviews

++ New Posts ++