WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Thread: iPhone charger

Default iPhone charger

I need to replace my iPhone charger...want light-weight of course & something that will make my phone last for a few days. I typically turn the whole thing off when hiking. My current chargers seem to be failing me as they are old.

Suggestions?
    .com

It's more likely you need a new battery in the phone then you need a new charger. Batteries eventually wear out - take longer to charge, don't hold the charge as long. Chargers will either work or not work, there in no in between with those.

Since replacing the battery can be an expensive operation, many people just end up using an external battery pack all the time.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

Try going into Settings. Then scroll around and find "Battery". You can check the internal battery ability to charge. That will tell you if you need a replacement. For charging, I just use a good HD cable and the factory "Bricks". Out in the forest, I have a back up battery and can recharge stuff. But keep the phone set to "airplane" while out in remote/no signal places.
    For a couple of bucks, get a weird haircut and waste your life away Bryan Adams....
    Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes. - sargevining on HF

Quote Originally Posted by rustmd View Post
    I need to replace my iPhone charger...want light-weight of course & something that will make my phone last for a few days. I typically turn the whole thing off when hiking. My current chargers seem to be failing me as they are old.

Suggestions?
    .com
    Are you talking about a charger, that you plug into an outlet to charge the phone, or an external battery to charge the phone?

yes, external one. i do turn off my phone when hiking, to save battery. i use an external battery to recharge when things get low, usually after 4-6 days.

.com

In that case, you'll want a 10,000 mah pack with 2.5A outputs and a short, heavy duty USB cable.
    Follow slogoen on Instagram.

GSMNP 900 Miler
    Journal Entries
    Images

Anker seems to always be a good choice for external batteries. The have a wide range of products, some tailored to speed, others to portability, etc.

Anker makes excellent products. AUKEY and RAVPower are two other good brands.

Solar is getting pretty good these days... I’m getting 4W from a 2.4oz panel in 10-2 sunlight while the IPhone OEM charger is 5W. However, the tree canopy in the East means stationary charging only, and its best to use a powerbank to buffer imperfect (passing clouds) power source (smartphones are picky).

Thanks everyone, good options.
    .com

++ New Posts ++