Default Safe parking at Cascade Locks for weekend hike

I hiked the Oregon section of the PCT last year but I haven't had time to get out this year for anything except a couple of day hikes. I would like to work on southern Washington this fall and at pick off a few ~30 mile weekend sections connecting to what I have already done.

There is a very useful website for parking locations and conditions for the AT (http://appalachiantrail.rohland.org/), is there something similar for the PCT?

First up, I plan on parking in/near Cascade Locks and getting shuttled about 30 trail miles north (Wind River Hwy @ 2180.4 in Guthook?) and walk back to my car. I would like to leave my car in the parking lot just north of the Bridge of the Gods. Is this a safe place to leave a car for the weekend or is there a better spot in town?

I was hoping to get to Trail Days to ask around, but didn't get the chance. I did send email to a couple of trail angels I found listed for the Cascade Locks area, but did not get any responses yet. If I can get a local trail angel to shuttle me (for compensation), that would be best, if not my wife will help me on the logistics for this first trip at least.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

I did end up leaving my car at the north end of the Bridge of the Gods parking lot. Actually, the small lot immediately to the right of the bridge was being used for construction vehicles, but the next one a few yards further to the right for the viewpoint was mostly empty and worked well. The car was fine when I returned Sunday afternoon. I enjoyed getting out on the trail, but the rain started Saturday at ~5pm and continued pretty much until I finished except for about a two hour break Sunday around noonish. Still a lot of folks were out there considering the wet conditions.

I think my wife will be able to support the logistics for one more weekend this year continuing north into Washington. I will probably need to find shuttling support as I continue working my way up north next year.

Happy Trails!

++ New Posts ++