Default ecofina creek section ?

can anyone tell us the status of the ecofina creek section?

thanks.

Hey Creek,
    2 weeks ago my grandson and I started at the trailhead off of Scotts Rd. Hurricane Michael left a real mess on the trail. We hiked to Two Penny suspension bridge and the trail has been mostly rerouted around hundreds of fallen trees. Trail workers have done a great job of opening the trail but I am sure it wasn’t easy, they did a massive amount of work and kudos to them! Pre storm you could walk along the creek for a good stretch, now maybe a hundred yards or so. Still had a nice walk.

Thanks Seminoles, it was a super nice section of trail when I did it the winter before the storm and I have wanted to go back ever since. is it clear all the way to the dirt road that leads back out to 20 and the livery?

Creek I only have second hand knowledge that it is open.

thanks, if i can get that way soon i will post back here what i find.

Hi fellow hikers, can anyone confirm that the ecofina creek section is or is not cleared yet? I have not been able to get there to do any recon so any info would be much appreciated.
    TIA,
    Creek.

Quote Originally Posted by Creek View Post
    Hi fellow hikers, can anyone confirm that the ecofina creek section is or is not cleared yet? I have not been able to get there to do any recon so any info would be much appreciated.
    TIA,
    Creek.
    It is cleared. I did it back in Late February as a day hike from Rt 20 to Scott Road trailhead. Only one section of about half a mile did I get twisted around and lost the trail. Probably my fault for not paying attention better. Looked like a reroute onto a forest road to me. I had Guthook so was able to bushwhack back onto the trail. Going to look massively different if you’ve done the hike in the past though. Volunteers who cleared it should be proud of all the work they did.

Quote Originally Posted by pafarmboy View Post
    It is cleared. I did it back in Late February as a day hike from Rt 20 to Scott Road trailhead. Only one section of about half a mile did I get twisted around and lost the trail. Probably my fault for not paying attention better. Looked like a reroute onto a forest road to me. I had Guthook so was able to bushwhack back onto the trail. Going to look massively different if you’ve done the hike in the past though. Volunteers who cleared it should be proud of all the work they did.
    Thanks much PaFarmboy, Yes, it will be bitter sweet to do that section again, Micheal changed much of the landscape and while I am eager to get back over there I know it will bring on some sadness as well. I am beginning to wonder if Torreya will ever open the trails and primitive camp sites again, Torreya is where my grandsons cut their teeth and is close enough to home that the year before Micheal I was there every other weekend from late summer to early summer the following season. I spent the coldest night of that year there at river bluff.
    Thanks again.
    creek

++ New Posts ++