WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Nashville Hiking Meetup - Fun Group

Daughter and I had the good fortune of camping at a site where we were next to 11 members of the Nashville Hiking Meetup. What a fun group. They invited us to join them around their fire where we spent 2 hours laughing our azzes off. If you have ever considered going out with them.....DO IT!! It was also a real pleasure meeting Rainman, who post here regularly.
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........
    Travel not for the destination, but for the joy of the journey.

Yonder, I think that is a group on the meetup website, not Whiteblaze. So you would have to connect with them elsewhere.
    You never said where you were at this campsite?

Quote Originally Posted by ednotmilkman View Post
    Yonder, I think that is a group on the meetup website, not Whiteblaze. So you would have to connect with them elsewhere. Yes, I have subscribed to their updates.
    You never said where you were at this campsite? Up Big Creek to Walnut Bottom in the GSMNP.
    see above...
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........
    Travel not for the destination, but for the joy of the journey.

Images

Thumbs up

Hey DownYonder, no photo means it didn't happen?! LOL

BTW, there is a "Nashville Hiking" (or some such) group on Meetup.com, but that's not us. We're "Nashville Backpacker" (just in case anyone goes looking). Many of us hike on the AT, in the GSMNP, and frankly all over the US. It's a public, open group to boot.

It was great to meet you and your daughter! Let's do it again some time.

P.S. I had an even more "up close and personal" bear encounter on Monday as I hiked down Mt. Sterling on the Baxter Creek Trail ... alone. SWEET.

P.P.S. That solo woman who was on the other side of us from you, ... she has already joined the NBM group since then!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

++ New Posts ++