WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Hiker airlifted from Appalachian Trail with broken leg - Bangor Daily News

Hiker airlifted from Appalachian Trail with broken leg  Bangor Daily News

A hiker from Illinois was rescued from a difficult stretch of the Appalachian Trail on Tuesday afternoon after she broke her leg.. Maine news, sports, politics, ...

More...

Images

OUCH!

"Anne Renner, 24, of Arlington, Illinois, was hiking north on the Appalachian Trail through the Mahoosuc Notch when she fell and broke her leg against a large rock on Monday evening, said Mark Latti, a spokesman for the Maine Warden Service."
    [I]ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: ... Defile not therefore the land which ye shall inhabit....[/I]. Numbers 35

[url]www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker[/url]

I just did the notch less than a month ago. I watched some hikers go by me hopping from one boulder to the other and marveled at their agility. I did no hopping because I knew I would probably end up like this poor young lady. It's a tough mile for sure.
    Trail Name - Slapshot
    "One step at a time."
    Blog - www.tonysadventure.com

Sorry this happened to anyone but I can't help but wonder what that little rescue costs and who picks up the tab.Anyone know?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Five Tango View Post
    Sorry this happened to anyone but I can't help but wonder what that little rescue costs and who picks up the tab.Anyone know?
    Unless she was grossly negligent, reckless, etc., Maine doesn't go after people for back-country rescue costs. https://wgme.com/news/i-team/law-all...s-say-its-rare

Quote Originally Posted by 4eyedbuzzard View Post
    Unless she was grossly negligent, reckless, etc., Maine doesn't go after people for back-country rescue costs. https://wgme.com/news/i-team/law-all...s-say-its-rare
    Thanks,that's good to know.

++ New Posts ++