WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

•Completed A.T. Section Hike GA to ME 1996 thru 2003 •Donating Member Skyline's Avatar
    Images

Default Thoughts, prayers for Lion King

This week a hiker many long time WBers know or know of, Lion King / Michael Daniel, got some really bad news. Since he posted about it himself on his YouTube channel, it's better if it comes from him...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHpVwQIJFrQ

(After this YouTube, as of today, he has two more updates on his channel.)

In the late '90s, Lion King was way ahead of his time when he made what we now call Vlogs during his thru-hikes of the AT, PCT, ADT and more. Before Netflix and streaming, he made DVDs. Today they are classics. His premieres at Trail Days were always SRO.

Lion King still maintains contact with the hiker community, and has also been involved in more commercial filmmaking endeavors.

I'm sure many of us wish him the best, and that he'd like to hear from us. I left my first message on Lion King's lead YouTube channel page linked above, and he acknowledged reading it. If anyone is friends with him on FB, that would probably work as well. Not sure if he monitors WB.

--Skyline
    Last edited by Skyline; 07-13-2019 at 12:05.

Journal Entries
    Images

Default Lion King

Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    This week a hiker many long time WBers know or know of, Lion King / Michael Daniel, got some really bad news. Since he posted about it himself on his YouTube channel, it's better if it comes from him...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHpVwQIJFrQ

(After this YouTube, as of today, he has two more updates on his channel.)

In the late '90s, Lion King was way ahead of his time when he made what we now call Vlogs during his thru-hikes of the AT, PCT, ADT and more. Before Netflix and streaming, he made DVDs. Today they are classics. His premieres at Trail Days were always SRO.

Lion King still maintains contact with the hiker community, and has also been involved in more commercial filmmaking endeavors.

I'm sure many of us wish him the best, and that he'd like to hear from us.

--Skyline
    So sorry to hear about Lion King. He has a great attitude and is a strong person. My prayers are with him. Have a fast recovery, my AT friend.
    Grampie-N->2001

++ New Posts ++