Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-09-2017
    Location
    Wayne, New Jersey
    Age
    57
    Posts
    175

    Default NY/CT Section Hike

    Planning on starting at the border and shuttling north to hike back to car. 35ish total miles. Anyone know if it's ok to leave a car for two nights at the Hoyt Road parking lot?

    Also looking for shuttle recommendations for a weekend lift. Would need to go from Hoyt Road to West Cornwall Road.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-25-2013
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Age
    43
    Posts
    401

    Default

    We had a small group a number of years ago and the vehicle was left there from Fri PM to Mon PM with no issue (hiking southward into NY from the border).

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    06-09-2017
    Location
    Wayne, New Jersey
    Age
    57
    Posts
    175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyGr View Post
    We had a small group a number of years ago and the vehicle was left there from Fri PM to Mon PM with no issue (hiking southward into NY from the border).
    Thanks. I looked at Hoyt Road on Google maps and I can't make out a parking lot anywhere near the border of NY/CT. What am I missing?

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spfleisig View Post
    Thanks. I looked at Hoyt Road on Google maps and I can't make out a parking lot anywhere near the border of NY/CT. What am I missing?
    I don't think there's a parking lot on Hoyt Road, just a turnout to park a car or two. It's a secondary road that doesn't see a lot of traffic, so you should be fine just parking beside the road.
    Springer to Katahdin: 1991-2018

  5. #5

    Default

    Unless it was closed over the last year or so, there is a parking lot on Hoyt Road, just west of where the AT comes out onto Rt 55. As I recall there is room for several cars but used to be difficult to see just driving by.

  6. #6
    Registered User hikermiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-24-2007
    Location
    Danbury, CT
    Age
    73
    Posts
    108

    Default

    There is room for two cars there.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    01-25-2013
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Age
    43
    Posts
    401

    Default

    Sorry, just saw this - it was a small spot (I'd say the two cars is not far off, might have been 3 depending on what vehicles) and there is also a larger lot right off 55 nearby (that may be what Traveler was thinking of?).

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyGr View Post
    Sorry, just saw this - it was a small spot (I'd say the two cars is not far off, might have been 3 depending on what vehicles) and there is also a larger lot right off 55 nearby (that may be what Traveler was thinking of?).
    It was! If memory serves its not easily seen from the road due to vegetation. I recall the small lot as well but didn't park there.

++ New Posts ++

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •