WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default Air Pad Repair Glue

I’m looking for the glue Only for an Exped Air Pad. Most kits give you a tiny tube and what seems like a hundred patches.

Anybody know what kind of glue it is?

And where to buy it?

Thanks

TF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably be best to contact the manufacturer themselves

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

I’d get seam grip, works great and, if you mix with a few drops of water, you get a short cure time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I agree with Vince G. Mcnett's seam sealers work great on either urethane (like Exped) or silnylon like Hilleberg kerlon. Seam Grip is for urethane, Silnet is for silnylon.

Sometimes it's hard to know which fabric you're dealing with . . .and sometimes silnylon is attached to urethane etc.

I always carry a tube of Silnet with me on my backpacking trips . . . to repair my tent fly's little holes or big rips.

Yes, on my last trip it finally happened---a tree branch fell in a windstorm and tore a 7 inch rip in my Hilleberg tent fly---I always carry a pre-threaded needle and waxed dental floss and needed my McNett's to make it waterproof.

Trip 198 (69)-XL.jpg

Another vote for Seam Grip.
    I've punctured my Thermarests countless times, and tried every method of fixing, including various original Thermarest patches, and finally came to Seam Grip as the easiest, most fool-proof and cheapest way of repair.
    Biggest hurdle is to detect any puncture (usually done by submerging in water) and to mark the detected punctures for treatment after the pad has dried.
    Please note that the material of a Thermarest (and propably of other pads, too) tend to close any tiny leak while being submerged for minutes, so to detect those tiny pinholes you better act quick.
    And yes, you need to deflate the pad before applying the Seam Grip.

++ New Posts ++