WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

You're not missing anything. Trust me, being a bit under 5'7" and having a 6'5" guy set the pace on runs and marches really brings home the advantage of a longer stride.
    And you probably don't need a folding stool in your kitchen for reaching the back of the top shelves, either😠

Quote Originally Posted by OwenM View Post
    You're not missing anything. Trust me, being a bit under 5'7" and having a 6'5" guy set the pace on runs and marches really brings home the advantage of a longer stride.
    And you probably don't need a folding stool in your kitchen for reaching the back of the top shelves, either��
    In a normal kitchen, no I don't need the folding stool. However, I live in a traditional New Orleans Shotgun home and they have 12 foot ceilings.

My trail name was almost going to be Giant Steps, due to my lanky stride and being a musician.

I've never understood torso length pads. Ok, I understand even full-length pads are not very comfortable and cozy mattresses, but anyway, it is at least possible to sleep on them.

Is it raining yet?
    Images

If your feet are cold, you will be cold.
    Be Prepared

I can't remember the last time I owned a full-length pad. The pack for my lower legs works fine. I would agree that if a person is a shelter baby they probably should use a full-length pad. I say this because if sleeping in a shelter the pack would probably not be empty so wouldn't work as well for the lower legs.
    Lonehiker (MRT '22)

GSMNP 900 Miler
    Journal Entries
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by lonehiker View Post
    I can't remember the last time I owned a full-length pad. The pack for my lower legs works fine. I would agree that if a person is a shelter baby they probably should use a full-length pad. I say this because if sleeping in a shelter the pack would probably not be empty so wouldn't work as well for the lower legs.
    While I've never tried a torso length pad, as a side sleeper who often has to flip from one side to the other, I can't imagine laying on two different surfaces keeping things comfortable for a full nights rest.

I had a torso length but my hips always started bugging me after a couple of nights.

I started with a torso length but couldn't get used to having my legs at a different level. Propping them up on a pack just wasn't the same.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
++ New Posts ++