WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

No, I truly have enjoyed my visits to Damascus, I wish I had been wrong.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John View Post
    And good work SPLC.
    so, if i were to look around the portland, oregon area on the SPLC hate group list, how many ANTIFA cells would i find listed?

I actually saw the SPLC hate map a couple of months ago. I am traveling now, and thought I would but by the ATC HQ and run it by them first. But someone told me about the recent murder on the trail and in good conscience I decided I had to make the decision my. Thanks to all who have kept this about the trail, and the dignity an respect all deserve.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John View Post
    thought I would but by the ATC HQ and run it by them first.
    oh dear, bless you.

I will let you know when the AT passes through Portland.

I’d just reroute the AT around Damascus to avoid all of this hate. Or maybe the AT Conservancy can hire a shuttle driver to pick people up at the south Damascus trail head and drop them off at north trail head. Kind of like the guy who canoes people across the river in Maine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a link to the "hate groups map by state" by SPLC.I only looked at Georgia and some of the examples on the map I found laughable based on my knowledge of the small towns listed.I would like to know how the SPLC gets to decide who makes the list and what actually constitutes a hate group.Also,is it illegal to be stupid and/or ignorant in this country yet?

https://www.splcenter.org/hate-map/by-state
    Last edited by Five Tango; 06-12-2019 at 07:29. Reason: spelling

@five Tango the map is laughable. There is no specific location, data, information on the groups at a local level. It’s all general information. There is no proof given that these groups actually exist in these locations. No proof that I can find at least by reading the website

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieDust66 View Post
    @five Tango the map is laughable. There is no specific location, data, information on the groups at a local level. It’s all general information. There is no proof given that these groups actually exist in these locations. No proof that I can find at least by reading the website

I own an two authentic Civil War era calvary sabres,one from each army.So I wonder if the SPLC would tag me as a "Neo Confederate"?

Journal Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Five Tango View Post
    I own an two authentic Civil War era calvary sabres,one from each army.So I wonder if the SPLC would tag me as a "Neo Confederate"?
    I have 2 sex ofenders within 5 mi of my home.

By rationale expressed in this thread....im a sex offender too. I suspect everyone is.

The inference made by this thread and the OP is that the community of damascus supports and is in alignment with some wacko that has a PO box in town several miles away.

LOL
    here's an idea
    to provide a "safe hiking space" for the snowflakes that are upset here

why not just re-route the entire AT around the southern Appalachians?
    avoid all the states from the Confederacy
    Georgia, Tennessee, North Carolina, Virginia should be avoided
    full of hate groups, everyone in those states are full of hate

ATC should post a WARNING at their website

"IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED, AVOID THE SOUTHERN HALF OF THE AT"

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Praha4 View Post
    LOL
    here's an idea
    to provide a "safe hiking space" for the snowflakes that are upset here

why not just re-route the entire AT around the southern Appalachians?
    avoid all the states from the Confederacy
    Georgia, Tennessee, North Carolina, Virginia should be avoided
    full of hate groups, everyone in those states are full of hate

ATC should post a WARNING at their website

"IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED, AVOID THE SOUTHERN HALF OF THE AT"
    you say this in jest but it wasnt long ago someone here posted an article, which found a great deal of resonance with some members, about how threatening and uncomfortable hiking in the south made someone feel. something about trump thrown in for good measure.

Quote Originally Posted by tdoczi View Post
    you say this in jest but it wasnt long ago someone here posted an article, which found a great deal of resonance with some members, about how threatening and uncomfortable hiking in the south made someone feel. something about trump thrown in for good measure.
    bless their hearts,
    many Yankees do seem confused while hiking in the South

especially when faced with food choices down south,
    it ain't like up north
    we've caught 'em putting milk on their grits and butter on their cream'of wheat

Quote Originally Posted by Praha4 View Post
    bless their hearts,
    many Yankees do seem confused while hiking in the South

especially when faced with food choices down south,
    it ain't like up north
    we've caught 'em putting milk on their grits and butter on their cream'of wheat
    I’m avoiding the south because of sweet tea.

I don't know why we Southerners get such a bad rap.We've not killed a Yankee in my county since November of 1864 and it was only because they were down here burning farms and houses on their way to Savannah.

Additionally,there has not been a death attributed to a lynchmob since 1946 (yes,I Googled it).This is not to say that racism,hate,and bigotry don't exist here but I seriously doubt it's any worse than any other area of the country;particularly the large metropolitan areas,many of which are well known for a history of violence,including our nation's Capitol.And while we are at it,let's not forget that other gun free zone,Chicago.

So you may be subject to assault anywhere but from my perspective the probability lessens in the more rural areas in any state;especially those where grits are served.
    Last edited by Five Tango; 06-12-2019 at 14:06. Reason: fact

Jealous. Did you find them relic hunting or were they inherited or purchased? Sorry for off topic question but this thread is so junk and irrelevant that I'm not sure it matters at this point...

Quote Originally Posted by C4web88 View Post
    Jealous. Did you find them relic hunting or were they inherited or purchased? Sorry for off topic question but this thread is so junk and irrelevant that I'm not sure it matters at this point...
    Actually they were my 13th birthday present and purchased for only $50 back when items like that were considered "worthless old stuff." Yes,they each have dates of manufacture inscribed before the war started.

I don't know why we Southerners get such a bad rap.We've not killed a Yankee in my county since November of 1864 and it was only because they were down here burning farms and houses on their way to Savannah.

Additionally,there has not been a death attributed to a lynchmob since 1946 (yes,I Googled it).This is not to say that racism,hate,and bigotry don't exist here but I seriously doubt it's any worse than any other area of the country;particularly the large metropolitan areas,many of which are well known for a history of violence,including our nation's Capitol.And while we are at it,let's not forget that other gun free zone,Chicago.

So you may be subject to assault anywhere but from my perspective the probability lessens in the more rural areas in any state;especially those where grits are served.
    Your info needs to be updated---as these two examples popped into my head without research---

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynchi...Michael_Donald

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_James_Byrd_Jr.

Is there a protest march in the making? We could get Jessie Jackson and his Rainbow Coalition to show up, and make all kinds of headlines.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipi Walter View Post
    Your info needs to be updated---as these two examples popped into my head without research---

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynchi...Michael_Donald

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_James_Byrd_Jr.
    Sorry,I was implying Georgia since that is the state in which I reside.My Google search for Georgia listed a 1946 lynchmob in Walton County.This is not to say that other hate crimes have been committed by any particular group but this was listed as the last mob activity.
    Last edited by Five Tango; 06-12-2019 at 16:42.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
++ New Posts ++