WhiteBlaze Pages 2024
A Complete Appalachian Trail Guidebook.
AVAILABLE NOW. $4 for interactive PDF(smartphone version)
Read more here WhiteBlaze Pages Store

Default ULA Catalyst mixed

I recently bought a ULA Catalyst and completed a 50 miler with 30lbs.

loved the hip compartments and the top load and the compartment on back you can pack things in forever, the water bottle carriers. BUT

It just didn't fit/work for me. IT lays completely on your back, and you have to really cinch down the waist belt to get it to ride properly. I was looking for a lightweight pack that can handle 30-35lbs, and thought it was the one for me but can stand the way it lays on your back, no air movement at all. All the functions and design great, can you get a similar pack with some support? I up graded from REI Traverse 70, and liked the lumbar support. Suggestions. Probably be for sale soon.

WaterBreak

Maybe the Zpacks Arc Haul...it has a "Flex Arc" system which keeps the pack from laying flat against your back.

Osprey Exos fits the bill for me, at least the older version with the hip belt pockets.

Another option might be the Seek Outside packs. They carry 35lbs very well and their frame system allows you to adjust the straps to keep the pack off your back.

If you’re not too concerned about pack weight, the Osprey Atmos might work, or if you want to keep it light, go with the Exos or Levity and use a waist/fanny pack instead of the hip belt pockets. I’ve recently switched to a waist pack and am very happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

++ New Posts ++